Thread: Anybody try these very cheap 128 Cfast cards?

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    EYu, your comments about SD and CF cards are very valid. SD car prices fell because of the larger user base in consumer camera applications. While CF and CFast cards are mostly used in professional camera applications at this point, so any price drop will be slower. Yes, CF cards have dropped in price the last several years, but not as fast as SD cards have. I expect CFast card prices, at this point, will follow the CF card price model, unless a larger consumer based application for them is developed in the near future. That said, I think CFast 2 is the better option for high end video recording applications, as the specification has greater data handling capabilities.
    Cheers
    If the 5Dmk4 uses CFast cards like some think it might, then we will see CFast prices dropping even faster!

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    My 2 cent on your distributorship plan. It will only work if your distributor and reseller profit margin does not exceed the perceived consumer competitive value (PCCV) pricing. This BITWIN 256gb CFast PCCV is between $98usd and $102usd. What this means is assuming what we know that the manufacturer price is $81 a piece, when it is all said and done, resellers could only sell this between 98 and 102 to generate value to consumers while still making a profit. Do not attempt to measure this product worth with that of Lexar. They are of totally different product classification and quality metrics.

This! x100000

Be much much better if BITWIN can return to selling them directly.

Did anyone notice the resellers prices on ebay for BIWIN 256gb? $299! These folks just don't get it. It will drop frames at 4K full raw and it is not SLC type. I think they just don't know what they are selling. One vendor message me that the BIWIN is much better than the Lexar 3500x. I think he is just totally uninformed or a true BS artist. For those prices es, vet the Delkins from B&H. They are quality CFast cards and cheaper than the BIWIN on ebay, plus much higher reliability.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cfast_2_0.html

there will always someone stupid enough to fall for those traps...

The 81 to 85 dollar price point was okay for the BIWIN 256gb cards. It is good for testing and playing... not for paid projects. I didn't get to pull the trigger because they PayPal payment process does not conform to PayPal policy so there was not protection for buyer. But good thing for some of you got to buy it. I'll probably pull the trigger next time and get a few if Branden would offer it again at original Alibaba prices. Right now, there are some Lexar 3400 256gb used selling for about 90-130. I am watching for sellers who are selling them and will try to grab a couple.

If I shot at 4:1 or 3:1 4.6k RAW with the BIWIN cards would that work? Are they still available for around $85?

I'm looking to buy an URSA mini 4.6k EF in the next few weeks and need media. Would be for narrative work only. Should I pursue the BIWIN cards or consider other options?

Also, about how many minutes of 4.6k, 4:1 RAW, 24fps footage would fit on a 256gb card? Lastly, would I always need 2 in the camera?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm new here (obviously) and tried to read all this thread, but it is quite long!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCannon View Post
    If I shot at 4:1 or 3:1 4.6k RAW with the BIWIN cards would that work? Are they still available for around $85?

I'm looking to buy an URSA mini 4.6k EF in the next few weeks and need media. Would be for narrative work only. Should I pursue the BIWIN cards or consider other options?

Also, about how many minutes of 4.6k, 4:1 RAW, 24fps footage would fit on a 256gb card? Lastly, would I always need 2 in the camera?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm new here (obviously) and tried to read all this thread, but it is quite long!
    If this is a paid gig, I wouldn't used the Biwin at all. There is just no guarantee there. Get one of the BMD approved cards. You won't find them at the 85 price. They started dealing with distributor and resellers and they go about $199 on ebay during a good day.

So since those cheap cards are no longer cheap I'm back to a toss between

1. Two 256gb Lexar 3500x CFast cards = 620 x 2 = $1240. or

2. Atoch C2S + 2 x Samsung Pro 850 500gb = 600 + (2 * 350) = $1300

I hope biwin will come back with those $85 cards.

A few of us here have ordered the Biwin 256gb CFast cards via Alibaba. What's that process like and did you use PayPal to transfer payment? I am new to buying from Alibaba and your tips to a positive and safe order is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    A few of us here have ordered the Biwin 256gb CFast cards via Alibaba. What's that process like and did you use PayPal to transfer payment? I am new to buying from Alibaba and your tips to a positive and safe order is very much appreciated.
    Yeah, you just send the seller a message asking for a quote on how many pieces you want and how much shipping is and ask if you can pay via Paypal.
    I've ordered stuff from Alibaba many times like this and never had problems. If you only want to order small quantities mention in the initial message that you want to order a sample.

From what I've read, the current best deal for Cfast, accounting price / reliability is this, correct?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...cfast_2_0.html

From what I know, I can use just one of these cards with the Ursa mini4.6k. Is there any situation where the camera forces me to use two?

Thanks!