Thread: Wood N Camera EVF Mod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I totally like this mod. It would work on the Pocket camera and Micro Srudio/Cinema cameras too. I want to know, how heavy the EVF is after the mod. I am going to call Ryan and find out. I might be selling my Cineroid Retna EVF, and do this!
    there would be great use for it on a micro cinema, but they need to make a mod that has an HDMI instead of a SDI

That would be nice, but not likely. You can throw a small HDMI to SDI, converter, like the Atomos Convert It, which has its own battery, on the camera rig to give you a SDI feed from the Micro Cinema or Pocket camera. The Micro Studio has a SDI out, so you are set there.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    That would be nice, but not likely. You can throw a small HDMI to SDI, converter, like the Atomos Convert It, which has its own battery, on the camera rig to give you a SDI feed from the Micro Cinema or Pocket camera. The Micro Studio has a SDI out, so you are set there.
    eh, might as well have a 5 inch monitor at that point…BM should really make their own designs for all their cameras, instead of people having to tear part their equipment, they would sell so many more too.

Senior Member Peter J. DeCrescenzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanKanes View Post
    So - Quick Correction to my previous understanding of How Video/Film Mode works with the viewfinder!

Apparently There _IS_ a LUT transform built in when using Film/Video conversion mode... for some reason it didn't engage during my previous tests - I think you actually have to hit "OK" with it highlighted in the menu for it to Engage.

It Totally works... This is a transform meant for BlackMagic Film Gamma Mode to be viewed in Video mode ...
    Just to clarify, are you saying that the URSA Viewfinder's "Film-to-Video" feature can be definitely, positively turned on & off as needed when used with a video source other than a URSA or URSA Mini camera?

There has been some confusion about this, so if you can verify that it really can be enabled & disabled via the buttons & menu on the Ursa Viewfinder itself -- without a Ursa cam -- that is very good news for many users of BMCC, BMPC, and other cams with progressive 1080 SDI outputs. Thanks!

-

BMCuser Sponsor
    Peter - it seemed to be working yesterday on my epic - will attempt to recreate same results and showcase. Previously it did not seem to be the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
    Just to clarify, are you saying that the URSA Viewfinder's "Film-to-Video" feature can be definitely, positively turned on & off as needed when used with a video source other than a URSA or URSA Mini camera?

There has been some confusion about this, so if you can verify that it really can be enabled & disabled via the buttons & menu on the Ursa Viewfinder itself -- without a Ursa cam -- that is very good news for many users of BMCC, BMPC, and other cams with progressive 1080 SDI outputs. Thanks!

-
    You can enable/disable this from the controls on the viewfinder itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post

-
    Yes.

You can assign it to a button or simply switch it on and off in the menu. But understand the "LUT" is designed to work with a BM log image.

JB

This mod now makes me want the Blackmagic Viewfinder. Wasn't interested before because of the form factor.

I would rock that cage on top but the plate on the bottom will kill the ursa mini shoulder mount rig that is extremely versatile as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@202020 View Post
    This mod now makes me want the Blackmagic Viewfinder. Wasn't interested before because of the form factor.
    Me too, Brian!