Thread: BMCC 2.5k Teardown and Rebuild!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 BMCC 2.5k Teardown and Rebuild! 
    Check this forum link, let me know what you think of this crazy idea I had.

Thanks,

Davi Silveira
    www.davi-silveira.com
    Seattle, WA

Please share your design pics.. would like to see what kind of body specs you would come up with.
    good luck

Taking a Vacation
    We already have this topic with your video in a thread started yesterday.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...own-and-Repair

Quote Originally Posted by vicharris View Post
    We already have this topic with your video in a thread started yesterday.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...own-and-Repair
    I know, your right. I just wanted to share the actual part I wrote on BMD forum, I'll be including pictures and designs. Etc...

This topic deserves its own thread. can't wait the the details..
    cheers

damn i was gonna do this lol maybe i can share some of my findings and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pringleman View Post
    damn i was gonna do this lol maybe i can share some of my findings and thoughts
    Are you serious dude, please do... I'm learning a lot as I go along. I would love you input and ideas. I'm meeting up with the 3D guy this Saturday, let me know what you found out. my email is vidasilveira85 @ gmail. com

Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    Are you serious dude, please do... I'm learning a lot as I go along. I would love you input and ideas. I'm meeting up with the 3D guy this Saturday, let me know what you found out. my email is vidasilveira85 @ gmail. com
    Sure reason i stopped though was primarily because A suitable camera came out with what i was looking to attain and that's 4:3. Also it probably won't be long until BMD upgrade by then all the work might be useless lol. i looked into hacking the firmware and the costs would have been prohibitive unless the community gathered together for a kickstarter-
    being able to add vector scopes, on board sound, basically pimping the BMC out as much as possible with an on board PC but custom software would need to be written and that's not that hard in its self, but the powering would now be an issue- expense wise as the mini PC would suck a lot of juice.

I have yet to buy a small HD monitor but implementing one of those into the design would have taken care of a lot, I would have also liked a concealed swing out EVF monitor and a black magic aesthetically styled batteries with that aluminum look
    Attached Images
    Last edited by pringleman; 04-02-2015 at 11:23 AM.

I figured out a way to hack the BMCC to shoot at 1000fps......of coarse when I did it, a 50 megawatt lazar occasionally shoots straight out the lens, might be a problem...
    "Senior Member"???... Really???...
    Not to be taken seriously...by anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by pringleman View Post
    Sure reason i stopped though was primarily because A suitable camera came out with what i was looking to attain and that's 4:3. Also it probably won't be long until BMD upgrade by then all the work might be useless lol. i looked into hacking the firmware and the costs would have been prohibitive unless the community gathered together for a kickstarter-
    being able to add vector scopes, on board sound, basically pimping the BMC out as much as possible with an on board PC but custom software would need to be written and that's not that hard in its self, but the powering would now be an issue- expense wise as the mini PC would suck a lot of juice.

I have yet to buy a small HD monitor but implementing one of those into the design would have taken care of a lot, I would have also liked a concealed swing out EVF monitor and a black magic aesthetically styled batteries with that aluminum look
    That's awesome man! Yeah I agree, it's a lot of work and something better could be around the corner. But you know it's been very educational for me and super fun! Besides all of the road blocks I've been able to accomplish a lot. We'll see how the final product looks like but thanks for the comment, hopefully can implement HDMI (which I'm having some issues with) XLR inputs, a better cooling solution, and at the end of the day at least a much better form factor body.