Thread: Twixtor footage please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by electricpig View Post
    All depends on your machine of course.

But I can do a sluggish timeline drag with Nuke and Twixtor on 2k footage with my MacBook Pro.
    Considering what it is doing I find that extremely acceptable. So I suppose about a second or 2 a frame.

When I started retiming about 14 years ago with Cineon and an SGI box you were looking upto 30mins a frame.
    That's good to know. I have a relatively fast i7 with 16 gigs of ram and let it render 24/7 doing mostly 3dsmax. i haven't used twixtor yet, but saw a lot of kick a$$ demos. Is there a good download to try it out?
    I'm thinking what I want to do is only creating one to four new frames in between what I shoot and from what I've seen going from 60fps to 1000fps looks more like 20 extra frames.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abobakr View Post
    you know, you could get 120fps at 720p for two hundred dollars with Sony Action Cam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQDVAtAiik

OMFG I gotta get one of those!
    Last edited by ROCKMORE; 10-08-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKMORE View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQDVAtAiik

OMFG I gotta get one of those!
    hehe.. I'm thinking to get one too as well.. It will have its uses!!

It will have its uses!!
    This will take at least half of GoPro's future market share with one release.

Just makes me wonder what Sony has up their sleeve for BMC.

I hope that deep inside blackmagic R&D division they are workig on some sort of higher frame rate mode. It would greatly enhance the possibilities of the BMC camera in the wider advertising/commercial/fashion/music videos world we live in as slow-mo is nowadays the thing. They have shown that they do listen and react rapidly with the M43 mount BMC. I hope they do the same even in a limited time/burst mode if their are overheating concern. I think a 15/30 second 1080p prores mode would be enough in 50/60p. Or even a 5 second 120p mode (dreaming here).

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKMORE View Post
    This will take at least half of GoPro's future market share with one release.

Just makes me wonder what Sony has up their sleeve for BMC.
    Gopro has just launched the Hero 3 which has much more than the Sony and they have a certain following as they have revolutionize/pioneer the action cam world. It a bit the same with the BMC. What would be comical is that Sony competes and you see much higher spec into the $ 200/400 action cam than in a $ 5000/10000 camera. BMC and go-pro are just showing (the latest hero 3 has 2.7 k mode and even a 15fps 4k mode) how much those big boys have help up the Camera technology until now.

Hey, from where did you found those videos??? I am on to them from so long..Thank you so much for this...!!!
    http://www.panaceaco.com

you know, you could get 120fps at 720p for two hundred dollars with Sony Action Cam
    That actually looks pretty great at that price point. I might just snag one specifically for some diy snorricam shots