Thread: Zacuto Z Finder BMPCC = DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Zacuto Z Finder BMPCC = DISAPPOINTMENT!!! 
    Was excited to try the new Z Finder for the Pocket Camera and was very disappointed that you can't actually see the WHOLE screen through the eye piece. I am very surprised I have not heard this complaint before. I did a lot of research and nothing came up about this. I have to really push my face into the eyepiece and still can't get the whole screen in view.

Is it possible I am doing something wrong? It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Hm, that is very interesting. I have it on my camera and can see the entire screen.

I bought one and returned it. It just didn't enhance the image like I thought it would.
    I ended up jury rigging a wider loupe with the lens from an old photo copy stand.

Taking a Vacation
    I can see all my screen fine. You must have a duff one or you havent attached it properly.....

Quote Originally Posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
    Hm, that is very interesting. I have it on my camera and can see the entire screen.
    Can you see it without repositioning your eye from left to right?

Quote Originally Posted by Worzel Gummidge View Post
    I can see all my screen fine. You must have a duff one or you havent attached it properly.....
    The frame is attached perfectly. I can't see how to do it any other way. None of the screen is blocked from the frame.

I posted the same feedback last week:
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...et-Accessories

I'm continuing to use it however, and finding that if I push in to the rubber a bit more I can see the whole frame. Not ideal, but much better than my earlier experiences.
    I think the biggest flaw with the Z-Finder is the low quality of the BMPCC screen - not Zacuto's fault.
    In the end I think an auxiliary monitor would be the best option, albeit more bulky.

The corners are definitely on the periphery of your vision but they're there, you actually have to focus on them. The trade off would be less magnification which defeats the purpose of the loupe to begin with. Speaking of magnification, what's up with the fixed color patterns, it's like you can see the bayer pattern on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tclark513 View Post
    Can you see it without repositioning your eye from left to right?
    Yup, no issues here.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
    I posted the same feedback last week:
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...et-Accessories

I'm continuing to use it however, and finding that if I push in to the rubber a bit more I can see the whole frame. Not ideal, but much better than my earlier experiences.
    I think the biggest flaw with the Z-Finder is the low quality of the BMPCC screen - not Zacuto's fault.
    In the end I think an auxiliary monitor would be the best option, albeit more bulky.
    "But worst of all, I couldn't find any position that allowed me to see the full frame. With the rubber seated over my eye socket I found I was mostly viewing the centre image on the screen and had to refocus or move my head position to read the info at the bottom of the Pocket screen."

That's exactly the problem I have. I think I will have to send it back as it defeats the purpose. It's a shame because it seems good in theory!
    Last edited by tclark513; 08-04-2014 at 08:12 AM.