DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 released

Hello, we are pleased to announce that we have posted DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 on our support web site.
    There are new DaVinci Resolve 10 Mac, Mac Lite, Windows, Windows Lite and Linux installers at http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support

Besides a number of fixes we were also able to include
    -Audio Fade In/Out and level controls on audio clips
    -An improved Media Pool layout to make it easier to manage edit bins
    -VFX I/O LUTs
    -Sony RAW color temperature and tint controls
    -Support for JPEG frame decoding for use in the timeline
    -Support for P2 MXF decoding
    -Support for AVC-Intra mov decoding with Final Cut Pro installed
    -Support for decoding of 12-bit luminance DPX files

This release also now reads v9 projects for customers using PostGres databases so after you back up your v9 database you can upgrade to the new v10 database. Disk database customers can continue to use their existing database.

Peter

excellent
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

These Resolve updates are seriously kicking ass Peter, great job to you and your team !!!!!
      Blackmagic Design
      My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Any other windows user getting issues with the fraunhoferdcp.dll symbols on launch?

Comment

I've noticed in the configuration guides that it seems the Mac version will support mixed Nvidia and AMD GPUs in the same system, where the Windows version does not. Is this something that could possibly make its way into the Windows version, or is there no real chance?

Comment

The only config where AMD and NVidia GPUs can share the system is with Mac OS X and specifically with an AMD GUI GPU and Nvidia processing GPUs. Mac OS X permits this.
            Peter

Comment

How do i apply 3D LUTs using the new 10 Beta?

Comment

When I try to install on windows 7 pro it says a newer version is installed. I used control panel to uninstall but still get message. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Chamberlain View Post
                  The only config where AMD and NVidia GPUs can share the system is with Mac OS X and specifically with an AMD GUI GPU and Nvidia processing GPUs. Mac OS X permits this.
                  Peter
                  Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Related - does anyone have any links to Candle test benchmarks with AMD cards? I've checked here, REDUser, and LGG, but no one seems to have bothered testing yet. There's of course generic OpenCL benchmarks from the usual tech sites, but that doesn't necessarily translate to performance in Resolve, especially when Nvidia cards are using CUDA instead.

Comment

Originally posted by uknovaboy View Post
                    When I try to install on windows 7 pro it says a newer version is installed. I used control panel to uninstall but still get message. Any advice would be appreciated.
                    The uninstaller doesn't remove the version registry key.

If you already know how to edit the registry, go ahead and change it. If you don't, there is a good chance that trying will mess something up if you aren't careful.

Comment

Originally posted by roymayor View Post
                      How do i apply 3D LUTs using the new 10 Beta?
                      Same as before? How are you trying to do it

Comment

Thanks rexbron, I'll have a registry-editing savvy person help me.
                        [UPDATE]
                        we used regedit to remove the Blackmagic stuff and it worked!
                        Last edited by uknovaboy; 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X