Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonable CPU for 4K Braw in Resolve/Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable CPU for 4K Braw in Resolve/Fusion?

Hello, I posted this same question on the Blackmagic Forum, but it doesn't seem to show up (still being moderated?), and I'm wondering if I might get some information here before a sale ends...

I'm building an editing computer to make a short film with a lot of green screen on 4K Braw, probably Q0. I'm a little uncertain about the requirements for DaVinci Resolve and Fusion for my particular situation.

I'll be using the paid version of Resolve. I'll need to edit, do reasonable grading, green screen for many or most shots (presumably in the Delta keyer in Fusion), and probably some other VFX, also in Fusion.

I don't need the system to be incredibly fast or efficient, only to manage the job I've described reliably, without crashing.

Here's what I'm thinking of getting:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core 3.6GHz processor?
    MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
    64 GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB RAM
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB drive
    Western Digital My Passport drives and others for storage, haven't decided everything yet
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 TI 8GB XC graphics card, when it becomes available
    EVGA Supernova 650 GA 650W 80+ Gold power supply

My main question is about the processor. Would the 3700x do all right, or would it be smarter to get a 12 core Ryzen 9 3900x instead? But I'd also appreciate any suggestions about anything else... thanks very much...

I've got a similar set up, only I went with a 10 core i9 and an 8 Gig GTX 2070 (purchased before the 30 series was released). You should be alright.

Comment

Working...
    X