Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took me ten minutes using lightroom. No noise reducers like Neat Video.

Here is the dropbox (download it). https://www.dropbox.com/s/64c0aaekf4...%201080%29.m4v

Here is the reference frame:
    Moire remove.jpg

Comment

Looks good Dustylense. There is a glitch in there where the moire shows up for awhile and then disappears again. This wouldn't have happened if you used a whole frame solution like Kholi did with PhotoNinja, or if you were in an app designed for motion where you could animate a mask and easily playback your clip.

This is exactly why we're looking for other methods to add to the toolkit.
      www.motionplaces.com
      andrewjulian

Comment

LOL, fell right into my trap Andrew. Did it on purpose so that you could see that not only did I remove the color moire, but I removed the luminance moire as well. Took those frames that you "think" is the glitch and did some fun stuff.

Have a nice day....

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
          "do brush adjustments frame by frame in LR4 then go into AE...." etc. That would not be ideal, of course.
          Yes, there is this conversation about making adjustments in LightRoom and exporting to TIFFs to make adjustments in Photoshop with plugins or using plugins in LR. I am speaking of making RAW adjustments and then sending to After Effects and then to Premiere Pro for editing. After Effects is a really well supported app by third parties. And Adobe created the CinemaDNG format to be used this way, you just get the benefit of making RAW adjustments in LR with this workflow. Something Resolve doesn't allow you.
          Jon7athan Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Jon7athan View Post
            Yes, there is this conversation about making adjustments in LightRoom and exporting to TIFFs to make adjustments in Photoshop with plugins or using plugins in LR. I am speaking of making RAW adjustments and then sending to After Effects and then to Premiere Pro for editing. After Effects is a really well supported app by third parties. And Adobe created the CinemaDNG format to be used this way, you just get the benefit of making RAW adjustments in LR with this workflow. Something Resolve doesn't allow you.
            I really do wish that R9 could see what LR4 did with the DNGs. That would be pretty sick, and add another layer of usability to everything. I guess maybe one day!

But you are right about that, DNGs and Adobe (of course) really do play well together.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
            Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Funny thing is I used nothing but LR and then brought into Resolve to export the Tiff sequence to Prores. No AE, no Neatvideo, no noise reduction, no tracker. Took 15 minutes total for the whole process.

Then, like I said. I spent another hour last night finding out an even BETTER, more EFFECTIVE, and faster way. cut the time down to maybe 7 or 8 minutes. That process will stay with me due to the tone of this thread. Can't share everything. Some things stay secret from this point forward.....

-Are we not entertained!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dustylense View Post
                LOL, fell right into my trap Andrew. Did it on purpose so that you could see that not only did I remove the color moire, but I removed the luminance moire as well. Took those frames that you "think" is the glitch and did some fun stuff.

Have a nice day....
                I see, the first clip is completely untouched then? It would make sense as the camera pushes forward for moire to happen at just the right distance. I didn't realize it was a before and after. Sorry.

And by the way, I'm not the one saying there is only one right way to take care of this sort of stuff. I used LR brushes to fix moire that appeared in my Big Sur footage. I'm not knocking it. I'm also not saying that my way is the very very best and anyone trying anything else needs to learn a lesson.

Kholi got it right a few pages back, you seem very interested in teaching lessons instead of sharing in a positive method. You've definitely taught me something today.
                www.motionplaces.com
                andrewjulian

Comment

That process will stay with me due to the tone of this thread. Can't share everything. Some things stay secret from this point forward.....

You showed us. Next time we'll be sure to praise you like you (think you) deserve in hopes that you will release your secrets and vast knowledge.

To everyone else,

Sorry, not sure why I chose to engage in this today. I'll try to do better in the future.
                  www.motionplaces.com
                  andrewjulian

Comment

ANd now the lesson is over on my end.
                    In the time you guys take to render out of Neat video, I'm done fixing the shot and it's in the timeline edited into the project. A near 100% removal of all moire, both color and luma. No blurring, and detail remains....

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                      I really do wish that R9 could see what LR4 did with the DNGs.
                      Perhaps, Blackmagic will design their own RAW converter to work with Resolve. But, to me, this whole project screams shoehorn effort. Nothing was designed with interoperability in mind. BM has to support a lot of cameras, cinema projects, and product lines. And now their own camera. Can only hope they commit enough resources to make a complete solution and not just put out a product to funnel people into their other revenue streams.
                      Jon7athan Studios

Comment

Funny thing is I used nothing but LR and then brought into Resolve to export the Tiff sequence to Prores.

But, if you are intent on throwing the power and color science of working with CinemaDNG away in favor of exporting to TIFFs. I recommend my secret weapon in Photoshop. It has a free demo.

Imagenomics Noiseware

If you need a plugin for Lightroom, I have heard good things about Nik Software's Dfine 2.0
                        Last edited by Jon7athan; 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM. Reason: YouTube Tutorial
                        Jon7athan Studios

Comment

But, if you are intent on throwing the power and color science of working with CinemaDNG away in favor of exporting to TIFFs. I recommend my secret weapon in Photoshop. It has a plugin for Lightroom and a free demo to boot.

Imagenomics Noiseware
                          Why? Is not a 16 bit TIFF after primary grading in LR enough? But I will look at your solution :-)

Comment

Time code, Track Numbers, Key Alignment Grid. See below for CinemaDNG technical specifications

CinemaDNG - Image Data Format Specification PDF (Adobe Labs)

Oh yeah, always remember kids, compression is EVIL.
                            Last edited by Jon7athan; 02-10-2013, 05:29 PM. Reason: CinemaDNG Specifications
                            Jon7athan Studios

Comment

Color Noise cannot be removed with the Adjustment Brush

In LM, you could use the "local brush" (shortcut is K) which has a moire slider. paint the affected area and then sync the rest of the DNG's up
                              Color Noise cannot be removed with the Adjustment Brush only Luminance Noise. You have to paint the entire frame with Color Noise Reduction and then use the negative adjustment brush to remove your adjustment from everything you don't want adjusted. Do that to your frame and then sync to the rest of the DNGs
                              Jon7athan Studios

Comment

Color Noise cannot be removed with the Adjustment Brush only Luminance Noise. You have to paint the entire frame with Color Noise Reduction and then use the negative adjustment brush to remove your adjustment from everything you don't want adjusted. Do that to your frame and then sync to the rest of the DNGs
                                Why don't you download the dropbox example I posted.

Moire is not signal noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X