Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kaylawang
    replied
    To convert AVCHD files to FCP, Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac is a good choice. It converts MTS files to FCP native format ProRess for importing into FCP without problem.

Leave a comment:

• rheex
    replied
    To me forums are about sharing, learning and helping, all done with respect and education. Any other attitude is really useless for the community.

Leave a comment:

• bowman
    replied
    Originally posted by mhood View Post
    So where do I go to talk about my new C100??? DVXUSER.com of course! This is a Resolve sub-forum...the topic here is Resolve. And there are many words other than "blunt" to describe how you come across. You seem to make every effort to be the polar opposite of a "sweetheart" for some strange reason.

I've seen you throw some arrows on this forum and the official one.

Leave a comment:

• mhood
    replied
    Originally posted by bowman View Post
    Yes I was blunt, but you lied to come across as a sweetheart....
    So where do I go to talk about my new C100??? DVXUSER.com of course! This is a Resolve sub-forum...the topic here is Resolve. And there are many words other than "blunt" to describe how you come across. You seem to make every effort to be the polar opposite of a "sweetheart" for some strange reason.

Leave a comment:

• bowman
    replied
    Originally posted by emptymind View Post
    Yes, with that attitude maybe I am in the wrong forum. What you should tell me is that this forum is only for users of BMC Cinema camera... I thoughtit was for Resolve. Thank you anyway.

I did, what did you want a complete stranger on the Internet to tell you how wonderful you are?

drop the I'm a nice guy just stumbling around this forum act not knowing its for Black Magic Cameras its A lie and you know it. You registered here at a forum called BMC User, you must of seen the sentence 'this forum is for users of the Black Magic Camera and then ticked a box that said you will abide by the rules of the Black Magic Camera forum. Yes I was blunt, but you lied to come across as a sweetheart....

Leave a comment:

• Adam Roberts
    replied
    FCPX created ProRes Proxy files in the background that is what it's "cutting just fine". FCPX is not actually cutting the AVCHD file but rather the proxy.

You can get a smooth working process in Resolve from FCPX with AVCHD. Try this:
    In FCPX select your Event containing you clips. Select "File/Transcode Media..." and then select "Create optimised media". Let FCPX do it's thing.

Export you project XML.

Now launch Resolve. In the Media panel browse to your Final Cut Events folder. Find the Event folder for your project, inside it you'll see a folder called "Transcoded Media" in there you'll find 3 folders, open "High Quality Media". Select all the files and right click and select "Add to Media Pool".

Now move to the Conform tab and import the FCPX XML file but uncheck "Automatically import source clips into media pool". Resolve will use the files already in the Media Pool.

No Resolve is using you high quality ProRes files rather than the original AVCHD files.

Happy grading.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• emptymind
    replied
    Ok Thank you. Actually avchd native files are cutting just fine - though I am on a full spec Retina MacBook and Thunderbolt drives. But I do need to switch to ProRes before going to Resolve. So I have to decide how and what stage I do the encode to ProRes in FCPX. Cheers everyone.

Leave a comment:

• funwithstuff
    replied
    Originally posted by ianim8 View Post
    My experience with AVCHD and FCPX is extensive and I can tell you, they dont place nice together no matter what Apple claims.
    Always and always convert to ProRes first before cutting anything.
    To date only R3Ds in its original state has proven to be solid in FCPX.
    IMHO of course.
    AVCHD is a little tricky; I'd recommend transcoding too. Canon DSLR footage plays really nicely with FCP X; I'd recommend dragging from the Finder to import and *not* transcoding. BMCC footage, of course... just drag it in, and don't forget to set your Project preferences to ProRes HQ.

Leave a comment:

• ianim8
    replied
    My experience with AVCHD and FCPX is extensive and I can tell you, they dont place nice together no matter what Apple claims.
    Always and always convert to ProRes first before cutting anything.
    To date only R3Ds in its original state has proven to be solid in FCPX.
    IMHO of course.

Leave a comment:

• chervas
    replied
    Resolve will play avchd if they are coming from FCP X but painfully slow. FCPX rewraps the files into a QuickTime container that lets them play in FCPX and later in Resolve. A better solution do is to covert them to ProRes. They will play must better later in Resolve.
    So:
    ProRes, edit in FCP X, export an XML, import XML into Resolve indicating where the ProRes files are. All your tracks, transitions and even retimed clips should be there. Color away! If you want to trip back to FCP X just export XML and render the Resolve timeline. Make sure your renders go to a different folder than the original ProRes files.

Leave a comment:

• emptymind
    replied
    Yes, with that attitude maybe I am in the wrong forum. What you should tell me is that this forum is only for users of BMC Cinema camera... I thoughtit was for Resolve. Thank you anyway.

Leave a comment:

• dustylense
    replied
    Originally posted by bowman View Post
    Hate to be a jerk but unless maybe your having to cut Fs100 footage in with BMCC and you needed that info quickly your clearly in the wrong forum.

Here you go...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/
    Again Bowman? Whats your deal? How about this reply.
    Hello first time poster, welcome to the forums. there are great topics on resolve workflows and might be of help to you on BMCusers sister forum at DVXuser under FS100: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/

Not so hard..

Leave a comment:

• bowman
    replied
    Hate to be a jerk but unless maybe your having to cut Fs100 footage in with BMCC and you needed that info quickly your clearly in the wrong forum.

Here you go...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/

Leave a comment:

• DIT
    replied
    Originally posted by emptymind View Post
    I am working in FCPX with native avchd files shot on a Sony FS-100. The files have not been transcoded to ProRes. Can anyone recommend a workflow to finish a color grade in Resolve? This is based on my understanding that Resolve does not handle avchd.
    If I get to a final cut would I be better at that stage encoding all the clips to ProRes then going to Resolve? Any recommendations for doing this - thank you?
    Remove any transitions, render a master clip in prores flavor of choice, import in resolve, use scene detection for your cuts, color, render as indivisible clips when finished, reimport into fcpx and redo transitions and any other finishing you may need.

Just one way of doing if, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• emptymind
    started a topic A Workflow for AVCHD in FCPX?

A Workflow for AVCHD in FCPX?

I am working in FCPX with native avchd files shot on a Sony FS-100. The files have not been transcoded to ProRes. Can anyone recommend a workflow to finish a color grade in Resolve? This is based on my understanding that Resolve does not handle avchd.
    If I get to a final cut would I be better at that stage encoding all the clips to ProRes then going to Resolve? Any recommendations for doing this - thank you?
Working...
X