How to stabilise to an object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stabilise to an object

Hi Guys, I am really a shooter, and struggle my way through resolve.

Can anyone help with a problem I come across many times. I want to track an object in the scene and make the object stabilized- not the area around it.

Below I have created a node been able to track an object- in this case the car. I was following the car with my drone, but didn't quite line it up perfectly so would like to track the car and lock that to the frame- so the car is perfectly static with the frame.

How do I go from here to lock the car in position? I thought it would be about stabilising with the locked setting, but not sure how too. Ive searched youtube vids but can't find it. I have found people saying to use after effects or fusion, but I only want to use resolve if I can.

Cheers Paul

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.29.12 PM.jpg
    Paul Ross Jones

-------------------------
    www.instagram.com/paulrossjones/

www.paulrossjones.com

Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5nK6jodR7g

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Mantle View Post
      yes, that's it. my example shot is very subtle, but the technique would be the same. This video uses fusion, but I am sure resolve can do this as well.

Paul
      Paul Ross Jones

-------------------------
      www.instagram.com/paulrossjones/

www.paulrossjones.com

Comment

i'd try Resolve's stab in classic mode, lose the mask, interactive turned on, delete all tracking points but the one's on the car, hit go....

Comment

Working...
        X