X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray
    replied
    Originally posted by david evans View Post
    Guys, just one more question. My timeline is in 1920x800 (2:39) and I want Resolve to export a 2k DCI Scope DCP. Do I need to change the timeline settings to 2048x858?

Thanks
    Never something I would do AFTER an edit. Thats why I use the scope overlays (of the PCC4k) to check framing during production. Then create the 2:39 timeline and then start your edit.

Leave a comment:

• dermot shane
    replied
    just make sure the frameing on shots that have been re-framed did not shift about too much when you changed the project raster... or edges of re-framed shots are out of blanking
    just some thing i would check and check again...

typicaly i set the timeline to the largest raster that will let me create the deliverables with least hassle.. so for something with both 2k DCiScope and HD 16x9 letterboxed deliverables i would:
    set my timeline to 2k 16x9, turn on DCi Scope blanking and grade with that,
    save a 16x9 master timeline, and then clone it, name it 2kScope
    then set the project to DCiScope@2k, remove the blanking and export DCi_2k_Scope deliverable submaster
    then re-set project to HD, open the 16x9 timeline that still has blanking, and export HD_Letterboxed delvierable submaster
    then re-set project to 16x9 2k , remove blanking and export a color timed master for archive

this is 1000x easier in v16 as it has timeline raster independant of project raster

Leave a comment:

• david evans
    replied
    Originally posted by dermot shane View Post
    yes,
    and then go back through the show looking for any mattes, windows, tracks etc, they will shift when the raster changes, some might not be noticable, but some may be
    and then check scaleing
    then export
    Thanks Dermot. What do you mean "check scaling"?

Leave a comment:

• dermot shane
    replied
    yes,
    and then go back through the show looking for any mattes, windows, tracks etc, they will shift when the raster changes, some might not be noticable, but some may be
    and then check scaleing
    then export

Leave a comment:

• david evans
    replied
    Guys, just one more question. My timeline is in 1920x800 (2:39) and I want Resolve to export a 2k DCI Scope DCP. Do I need to change the timeline settings to 2048x858?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• deezid
    replied
    Originally posted by Asyndeton View Post
    It does an auto-conversion to the XYZ color space during the render so you want to keep your timeline color space set to whatever you original graded for. If you have the time/budget to do a proper DCI-P3 trim pass, go for it, but I've exported a few DCPs straight from the Rec709 grade (usually in ACES) and clients say that it looked great projected in the theater. Otherwise, no need to add any colorspace transforms.
    Sounds great. Was using DCP-O-Matic after exporting a Rec709 DNXHR HQX 10 bit 4K DCI Scope file in the past - working fine as well but as it seems unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• dermot shane
    replied
    i've had a rejection from a theatre with an older Christie server,

re-wraped the DCP in DCP-0-Matic, and it injested fine

took about 10 min to re-wrap, it only copies the media and writes new metadata that Christie are happy with

but other than that, i've also done a small truck load of DCP's straight out of Resolve trouble free and accurate

Leave a comment:

• Asyndeton
    replied
    Originally posted by david evans View Post
    Thanks. Btw, if you have a project graded in rec709 and you're doing the DCP to show the film in the theatre, do you do any CST node in Resolve to convert to P3?
    It does an auto-conversion to the XYZ color space during the render so you want to keep your timeline color space set to whatever you original graded for. If you have the time/budget to do a proper DCI-P3 trim pass, go for it, but I've exported a few DCPs straight from the Rec709 grade (usually in ACES) and clients say that it looked great projected in the theater. Otherwise, no need to add any colorspace transforms.

Leave a comment:

• david evans
    replied
    Thanks. Btw, if you have a project graded in rec709 and you're doing the DCP to show the film in the theatre, do you do any CST node in Resolve to convert to P3?

Leave a comment:

• EYu
    replied
    What's your workflow for packaging and delivering DCP to theaters using this free version?

Leave a comment:

• Asyndeton
    replied
    Yes, multiple projects projected in theaters using it. Unless you have a larger client that requires encryption.

Leave a comment:

• theorib
    replied
    Hi David, I've done a couple of DCPs like this and it works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• david evans
    started a topic Resolve 15 DCP

Resolve 15 DCP

Hey guys,

Anyone tried this new feature of Resolve 15? I was used to exporting in JPEG2000 and then using something like OpenDCP to create the xml, but apparently Resolve 15 does all this, for free (unencrypted, of course). Anyone tried it? Did you try it at the theatre? Was it ok?

Thanks
Working...
X