Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free DCP in Da Vinci Resolve 15

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Free DCP in Da Vinci Resolve 15

    Has anyone used the free DCP in Resolve 15? Can you please share your experience? I cannot find any info on how to create a DCP package for theatrical screening for the FREE version, just the paid EasyDCP one. It will be great to hear from someone who went through his exercise.
    Last edited by EYu; 10-15-2018, 05:25 PM.

  • #2
    i have made one, it was a test and the audio mapping was a trainwreck, otherwise it worked fine

    far prefer DCP-0-Matic, made dozens of DCP's with it, never a problem ever, and it's free

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dermot shane View Post
      i have made one, it was a test and the audio mapping was a trainwreck, otherwise it worked fine

      far prefer DCP-0-Matic, made dozens of DCP's with it, never a problem ever, and it's free
      Confirmed. +1 for DCP-O-Matic.

      Cam't remember who recommended to me, and I've only made a couple, but it worked AND PLAYED just fine.

      Toss 'em $5 at least.

      https://dcpomatic.com/
      Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
      Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
      Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

      Comment


      • #4
        Gents, thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out and toss them some $$.
        It would be nice if they fixed that DCP Audio mapping issue Dermot had with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Got DCP-o-matic to install and dry run with a short clip. What format and codec from Resolve for your master do you folks use to create a DCP package?
          Last edited by EYu; 10-16-2018, 06:42 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            How do you do a tech run of your DCP?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EYu View Post
              How do you do a tech run of your DCP?
              With a DCP Software player.
              Or go to a cinema

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not sure if a DCP software player will give me a true sense the the files will work on a true DCP projector. If it does, I'll test it with the software and a DLP projector. I've arranged a tech run with the cinema next month so that's good. The DCP-o-matic works like a charm on the mac. I still hope that the Free DCP in Resolve 15.x will do as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EYu View Post
                  I'm not sure if a DCP software player will give me a true sense the the files will work on a true DCP projector. If it does, I'll test it with the software and a DLP projector. I've arranged a tech run with the cinema next month so that's good. The DCP-o-matic works like a charm on the mac. I still hope that the Free DCP in Resolve 15.x will do as well.


                  Get a hold of Zak Forseman - he offers this as a service. Now, he might be be busy nowadays shooting features, but he might know of another provider for this service.
                  Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                  Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                  Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    a few of the dozens of films i've made DCP's for in DCP-0-matic, ran in fesivals around the world, never an issue anywhere with any film i've made a DCP for;



                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X