looking for simple basic midi faders for davinci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for simple basic midi faders for davinci

Just to do some easy audio I want to add a simple midi (or usb???) controller that will work with davinci. Or only faders (I have windows-system). Does this exist? can't find it on the web.

any suggestions ? I need 4 - 6 channels
    or maybe another midi controller?

thanks
    Last edited by publimix; 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM.

Behringer X Touch

https:// http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...QaAoBVEALw_wcB

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Chamberlain View Post
      That look s good, will this work with Davinci Resolve 14?

Comment

If Resolve can use Midi input you can use any USB midi controller for audio http://www.korg.com/us/products/comp.../nanokontrol2/
        All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
          If Resolve can use Midi input you can use any USB midi controller for audio http://www.korg.com/us/products/comp.../nanokontrol2/
          thnx
          Last edited by publimix; 11-01-2017, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by publimix View Post
            That look s good, will this work with Davinci Resolve 14?
            thats one of the controllers we use in development of Resolve... the better one is Mackie but more $

Comment

Thanks Peter,
              I start with a simple one, I ordered a Novation xl control. If it works and is handy, the next one will be more expensive I'm afraid. Wondering if motorized faders are handy. Almost ordered an Icon Platform M+ controller, but that wasn't in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by publimix View Post
                Thanks Peter,
                I start with a simple one, I ordered a Novation xl control. If it works and is handy, the next one will be more expensive I'm afraid. Wondering if motorized faders are handy. Almost ordered an Icon Platform M+ controller, but that wasn't in stock.
                Didn't work, davinci crashed with the novation xl launch control. Can this be apple/pc related? Midi seems more difficult with pc/windows.

Anyone here who uses an audio controller with davinci 14 (PC-version?)

Comment

thats one of the controllers we use in development of Resolve... the better one is Mackie but more $
                  Thank you sir, the novation didn't work at first. I had it packed to send it back to the store. But I unpacked and tried once more and it worked, (more or less). But it is enough for me so far, faders work and panning works.
                  Last edited by publimix; 11-03-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

The Novation still seems to crash Davinci at the start now and then, usb problem?

Comment

Are you using the Novation in HUI mode?

Comment

Are you using the Novation in HUI mode?
                        Hello Peter,
                        A day after I had it working the settings had changed somehow.

I checked it and in MCU mode it chrashed.

I tried different settings, the one that works so far is in HUI Mode
                        midiin= launch control
                        midiout = launch control

I'll keep you informed, project in progress :-)
                        Last edited by publimix; 11-06-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I followed your advice and bought a Mackie, but Davinci Crashes as soon the midi is conected.

Comment

There is a guy who developed software for controlling Resolve with an APC-40. I think he posted here or on the BMD forum. Maybe you could PM him and ask for support?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                              There is a guy who developed software for controlling Resolve with an APC-40. I think he posted here or on the BMD forum. Maybe you could PM him and ask for support?
                              Thanks but he works with Mac, that seems a lot easier. And some software needed is also mac-only.

Comment

Working...
                              X