Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Beta of DaVinci Resolve 12 and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willian Aleman View Post
    Thanks CaptainHook!

I didn't even know there was/is a second beta version. I'm going to try it and let the forum knows about the results.
    I upgraded to DR12, Beta2. The two problems are solved.
    Last edited by Willian Aleman; 08-05-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

mr_sour: what exactly is your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwaine View Post
        mr_sour: what exactly is your issue?
        I didn't export my projects prior to installing v12. I can still locate my projects in explorer but they don't show up automatically when v12 opens and I can't figure out how to open them manually. I would think I could install v11 again and export them if need be but I was looking to avoid that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sour View Post
          I didn't export my projects prior to installing v12. I can still locate my projects in explorer but they don't show up automatically when v12 opens and I can't figure out how to open them manually. I would think I could install v11 again and export them if need be but I was looking to avoid that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
          When you launch Resolve, do you still get a multiple user login screen, with the site, admin and any other users? Or, is it just going directly to the Project Manager?

If it's going directly to the Project Manager, go into Resolve Preferences / System Overview, and check the "Show multi user login window" check box. Save the prefs and restart Resolve.

Now you should see all the users, and you can login to the user that has your projects, and they should all be there.

If you are still seeing the user login screen when you launch Resolve, do you see the users you expect to see? Had you added any users in Resolve 11, or were you using the guest or admin user login?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwaine View Post
            When you launch Resolve, do you still get a multiple user login screen, with the site, admin and any other users? Or, is it just going directly to the Project Manager?

If it's going directly to the Project Manager, go into Resolve Preferences / System Overview, and check the "Show multi user login window" check box. Save the prefs and restart Resolve.

Now you should see all the users, and you can login to the user that has your projects, and they should all be there.

If you are still seeing the user login screen when you launch Resolve, do you see the users you expect to see? Had you added any users in Resolve 11, or were you using the guest or admin user login?

Yeah its taking me directly to the Project Manager so it sounds like your solution will do the trick! Will try when I get home. Thanks so much!

Comment

I have started to work with Resolve 12 (the free one), and in the color section, qualifier tab where the matte finesse can be adjusted (black clip, white clip, blur radius etc..) I am missing a very important feature which was present in the same section with DVR 11 lite, namely the denoise possibility. I tried hard to find it elsewhere, but it seems gone.

Am I missing something? If this matte denoise has gone in the DVR 12 free version, I will move back to Resolve 11, as this is very important when qualifying colors.

Comment

Currently I use windows 7....i just got a notification for the free upgrade to 10. I haven't been following really much on windows 10 and its compatibility with programs such as Resolve...premiere ect. have you guys been using 10 with resolve 12? Is it all good?
                Darren Scott
                Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

i'm on windows 10, i have no porblems with all of my software at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnys View Post
                    i'm on windows 10, i have no porblems with all of my software at all.
                    Thanks.
                    Darren Scott
                    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Never came further than the login screen on my w7x64. Time to upgrade I guess

Comment

I am a new user and have trans-coded m2ts material with embedded 5.1 audio. The 6 channels appear in the media pool but show as 2 channels in the edit panel or time-line. How do I get the material to the time-line as 5.1 audio and therefore out to the delivery module as 5.1? The imported video was trans-coded to DNxHD with a mov extension. I have searched this forum and found one other similar posting with no response. I have also read the manual chapter regarding audio. I am currently using DR 12 beta 2.

Comment

In the July 2015 DaVinci Resolve Beta Reference manual (http://documents.blackmagicdesign.co...nce_Manual.pdf), pages 460-464 should provide the info you need to accomplish this.

Comment

jambredz just turn off all the spyware crap built into it. it even send out your wifi username and password automatically to anyone on your email list. That is turned on and you have to turn it off. The whole thing is one big spyware minefield. I would read the various sites on how to turn stuff off if upgrading to it.
                            Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
                            http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

Comment

Anyone on the question I asked earlier, namely the matte denoise function is gone in the free version? I cannot find it anywhere.

Comment

Man the Tracker in 12 works so well.

Comment

Working...
                                X