Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Beta of DaVinci Resolve 12 and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having an issue trying to export in MPEG4 with "low" compression as the setting. When I click "start render" the compression quality changes to "Best" instead of low or any other compression quality I choose. Anyone running into this? I tried closing & restarting Resolve and adding new "Add to Render Queue", but it's still rendering at Best.

(I'm running Davinci Resolve 12 Studio on windows 7)

Resolve_issue_01.jpg
    http://www.somnangvann.com/
    https://vimeo.com/somnang

Comment

Originally posted by Somnang View Post
      I'm having an issue trying to export in MPEG4 with "low" compression as the setting. When I click "start render" the compression quality changes to "Best" instead of low or any other compression quality I choose. Anyone running into this? I tried closing & restarting Resolve and adding new "Add to Render Queue", but it's still rendering at Best.

(I'm running Davinci Resolve 12 Studio on windows 7)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14984[/ATTACH]
      Yeh i just tried this and same issue. Running Resolve Studio 12 on Windows 7 as you are. I tried "low" and "least".
      Darren Scott
      Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

I just encountered the same thing with h264 and the max data rate setting, fired off an email to support about it.

Comment

Gave it a shot with UHD, 3 nodes including NR rendered to mpg4, tried at low and best in 1920 x 1080. Both crashed immediately. Just confirming your findings.

Studio 12 beta in Win7 with a 5960 and 970.

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
            Yeh i just tried this and same issue. Running Resolve Studio 12 on Windows 7 as you are. I tried "low" and "least".
            Originally posted by Akos View Post
            I just encountered the same thing with h264 and the max data rate setting, fired off an email to support about it.
            Originally posted by Marckusw View Post
            Gave it a shot with UHD, 3 nodes including NR rendered to mpg4, tried at low and best in 1920 x 1080. Both crashed immediately. Just confirming your findings.

Studio 12 beta in Win7 with a 5960 and 970.
            Glad to see it's not just me. Not a big concern for me, but hopefully they fix this.
            http://www.somnangvann.com/
            https://vimeo.com/somnang

Comment

Like mcnys, I am very happy that I can now run Resolve on my Surface Pro. No serious work, of course. But I can check dailies or assemble some rough cuts on the road without waiting to get home to review footage.

Comment

The mpeg4/h264 compression settings issue should be fixed in Resolve 12 Beta 2, which is available in the BMD DaVinci Resolve Support area.

Comment

hrm. Is there a proper changelog somewhere? Via their support page I just see a rehashing of the feature list.

Comment

At the moment, there isn't.

Comment

Has anyone noticed, that when you go to full screen in color mode, that the image isn't played at full Rez? It is pixelated. In the settings, image scaling tab I deselected "optimize for smooth playback", but it doesn't change. I have Resolve 12 B2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwaine View Post
                        The mpeg4/h264 compression settings issue should be fixed in Resolve 12 Beta 2, which is available in the BMD DaVinci Resolve Support area.
                        I am encountering the mpeg4/h264 issues still in DR12 Beta 2. So it is not fixed. The output quality is pixelize and shaky. I check the output bit rate and it was only 776bps. This is on a Windows 10 OS.

Can someone recommend or share a render setting that actually works?

Comment

Just installed DR12. Everything seems to work except that one of the project file scratches Resolve as soon as I click on it in the Project Manager.
                          The only different between this project and the others is that all versions of this project are inside a folder.

Luckily, I did the database backup.

The second issue I have is a five at once pop warning window appearing every time I open Resolve and subsequently when the project is opened. Please see screenshot below.
                          If the I disable this in Privacy DR crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.
                          DR12 Warning.jpg

Comment

Are you using the 2nd public beta, or the first? I believe that firewall issue was fixed.
                            Blackmagic Design
                            My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                              Are you using the 2nd public beta, or the first? I believe that firewall issue was fixed.
                              Thanks CaptainHook!

I didn't even know there was/is a second beta version. I'm going to try it and let the forum knows about the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Abrams View Post
                                Did you back up your database before upgrading as advised? Or just go all "cowboy" on it?
                                I did happen to go all cowboy on it foolishly. I can still find them in my projects folder but who do I import them? I've searched and searched and cannot come up with the solution
                                Last edited by mr_sour; 08-05-2015, 08:04 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Comment

Working...
                                X