Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Beta of DaVinci Resolve 12 and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph B View Post
    Well, I ran into a problem right off the bat. DaVinci 12 doesn't recognize the audio tracks in Sony XAVC clips and Panasonic MTS clips. Clip Attributes shows only the video track. This is a non starter for me.
    Me to, same with Canon footage. I guess it might be a Beta issue but two things are weird.

1. A guy on Facebook says his is working just fine.
    2. My footage has audio when previewed before added to the media pool. After adding to the media pool its still there, but super speed up and only lasts for maybe 5% of the clip.
    Youtube
    Videos, Tests, Tutorials, Reviews and so on : https://www.youtube.com/user/mattiasburling

Comment

is it me not checking before or have they added Cineform YUV 10bit avi as a render option in 12 in the mac version? I cant use the Pro res that the previous version of Resolve used to output in Sony Vegas (the Compressor/FCPX version of Pro res is fine) Cineform could be a great option for me as I need to render versions in windows compressed formats like wmv & DivX etc....Before I would export a ProRes for FCPX to render another ProRes (working version)....kind of wasting time & space.

What I really need in resolve is a way to change the timecode display to seconds like you can in FCPX or Sony Vegas....or is there a way?
      Last edited by Phil; 07-29-2015, 12:14 PM.
      New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

Just installed R12. First thing I noticed the project manager is empty... none of my projects are there and my power grades etc have disappeared. I do hope that it's all still there somewhere ಠ_ಠ
        Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

There's a fix in one of the latest threads in the Resolve subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
            Just installed R12. First thing I noticed the project manager is empty... none of my projects are there and my power grades etc have disappeared. I do hope that it's all still there somewhere ಠ_ಠ
            Did you back up your database before upgrading as advised? Or just go all "cowboy" on it?

Comment

I saw the Windows specs call for Win 8 or 10 Pro. I'm still on Win 7 Pro. Anyone know if it will work on Win 7?
              Tim Veal
              http://sandstoneproductions.net
              My blog

Comment

Works fine on my Win7 machine.

Comment

Awesome, I'm going to have to give it a try then.
                  Tim Veal
                  http://sandstoneproductions.net
                  My blog

Comment

Does any one know when will the general release date of Resolve 12 be?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                      Does any one know when will the general release date of Resolve 12 be?
                      May be a few weeks. Right now they are in public beta testing as everyone has a different camera or issue that they can not test with a closed beta session. So once they get a lot of the reported bugs worked out it will be released. usually a couple of weeks unless there is a huge bug they have to contend with.
                      Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
                      http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

Comment

dumb question but how exactly do you back up the database. I'm on a 15" macbook pro retina, up to date OS. Resolve 11 lite. I've attempted to follow the instructions regarding opening up the hidden library directories (who's idea was that Apple) but can find nothing for Resolve. Projects work fine from within resolve, but cannot determine how stuff is saved anywhere on my system. This really screwed me one time when I wanted to go back to a previous saved point.

Please don't just say let time machine take care of it, I would like to be able to do it manually.

Comment

Anybody else thrilled with the new look? Feels like... the future haha. And how bout that Windows 10? Everything responds so smooth and even Resolve is rendering nearly 8fps faster on exactly the same grades as before. Yaaaaaay free software
                          Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                            dumb question but how exactly do you back up the database.
                            At the Resolve login window, there's a button to access the database manager. In there you can backup/restore/create/delete databases etc.
                            Blackmagic Design
                            My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

so far so good, i've tested resolve 12 also on win 10 laptop (i7, 8 gigs ram, 750m 2gb ddr5), runs better than resolve 11, especially editing, it's way way smoother.

Comment

I am a long time resolve lite user, loving it! But now I have a strange problem, by accident I have downloaded the wrong 12 version (Studio) instead of the free one. Now it does not allow me to install the free one, it says I have a higher version installed already - fine, I wanted to uninstall resolve 12 via the Windows control Panel, but it gives error 2503 and error 2502 and it exits. I cannot get rid of the Studio Version - now I am left without anything? Any ideas what to do? I have searched the web but cannot find anything?

EDIT: found the Problem, there is a Windows "Fix It" tool in the Microsoft Community. Now everything works, I was able to install Resolve 12 (free Version). Also, I have all my past Projects available. Great!
                                Last edited by GMC; 07-31-2015, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X