Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Beta of DaVinci Resolve 12 and DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother of god, it actually runs on integrated intel cards (not even iris ones), i can train my grading skills on lunchbreaks at work! Thanks Blackmagic!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph B View Post
      Well, I ran into a problem right off the bat. DaVinci 12 doesn't recognize the audio tracks in Sony XAVC clips and Panasonic MTS clips. Clip Attributes shows only the video track. This is a non starter for me.
      You know this is a Beta right ? I'm hoping you're taking the trouble to give them that feedback.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
        You know this is a Beta right ? I'm hoping you're taking the trouble to give them that feedback.

JB
        He did.

Originally posted by Ralph B View Post
        Thanks for the email address. A report has been duly filed.
        -Michael Beck

Comment

Co-exist with 11 on Mac perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnys View Post
            Mother of god, it actually runs on integrated intel cards (not even iris ones), i can train my grading skills on lunchbreaks at work! Thanks Blackmagic!
            are you "training" on lower end mac machines with integrated intel graphic cards like macbook airs, mac minis and 13" macbook pros?

thanks in advance for any info you care to share.

be well.

rob
            smalltalk productions/nyc

Comment

Originally posted by robfilms View Post
              are you "training" on lower end mac machines with integrated intel graphic cards like macbook airs, mac minis and 13" macbook pros?

thanks in advance for any info you care to share.

be well.

rob
              nope i'm on windows pc at work, thou not a very powerful one (i'm a sound guy) for graphics i have intel hd4400.

Comment

Are there any issues with transitioning old projects stated with R11 into R12?
                Kahn Artist Filmworks

Comment

Originally posted by mcnys View Post
                  nope i'm on windows pc at work, thou not a very powerful one (i'm a sound guy) for graphics i have intel hd4400.
                  What's the CPU and how much RAM?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Kahn View Post
                    Are there any issues with transitioning old projects stated with R11 into R12?
                    I just did and haven't had any issues. The timeline editing is so much quicker than in resolve 11. I also love the new sliders on the wrong metadata tab. Overall, this appears to be an excellent Update.
                    http://kylemcconaghy.com | My Reel

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                      What's the CPU and how much RAM?
                      i3 and 8 gigs of ram...i'm not gonna do editing, that's for sure, but just to try different looks on some dng's is good enough for me, resolve 11 didn't even run at all (because of graphics card).

Comment

i REALLY appreciate the fact that folks are sharing machine specs as they comment on resolve 12.

thank you.

be well.

rob

Comment

Originally posted by robfilms View Post
                          i REALLY appreciate the fact that folks are sharing machine specs as they comment on resolve 12.

thank you.

be well.

rob
                          My machine is 18.5" tall.
                          9.6" wide.
                          Greyish-silver plasticy color.
                          Runs on 120v AC.

.....what?
                          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

You should back up your v11 projects as you can not have v11 and v12 installed at the same time. If you want to go back to v11 your project backup can be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Chamberlain View Post
                              You should back up your v11 projects as you can not have v11 and v12 installed at the same time. If you want to go back to v11 your project backup can be used.
                              Just to be clear v11 project can be opened in v12. Correct?

If a project is edited in v12 could one reopen that project in v11 if some problem should arise with v12?

Thanks!
                              Kahn Artist Filmworks

Comment

V11 projects should open in V12, although a few people have had issues which we are looking into. V12 projects will definitely NOT open in V11. In all cases, make sure you back up your V11 database(s) before upgrading to V12, so you can go back to V11 if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X