WTB zeiss superspeeds s16 mark ii/iii PL mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLdp View Post
    oh and id love to see that completed auction of a mk3 you said went for $1350, i find it a little hard to believe, do you have the link?
    Here you go:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARRI-ZEISS...vip=true&rt=nc

And here is a MKII 50mm that went for a similar price:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zeiss-Arri...vip=true&rt=nc
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

Comment

they are indeed the ones i was referring too. you like your ciecio7 adapters then adam? good to hear thats the route i was considering, good to see the other options though. Really all have triangular do they ? well i can live with that , my contax have funky ninja stars and i digg that - better mechanics is enough of a reason for me - however, has anyone ever tested whether their is an optical difference between the mark i's and ii's? (i know the mark ii and iii's are the same).
      Last edited by jakepowell; 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post
        wow on that 9.5mm, i would of bought that in a heartbeat… as for the 50mm, thats mine, thats the one i bought and is at duclos getting a pl mount put on right now…he way under sold it, the 50mm is the most rare of all the s16 speeds, mainly because it was not in the original set and it also covers s35. the cheapest i have ever seen one go for was 2700 before this one,duclos is selling his at 3500, i met him in LA for the exchange and he was a rich artist that bought them new and never used them, so had no idea of their worth, i told him only after he handed it over, and he didnt seem to care. i picked it up in a mansion in the hills...

Comment

Originally posted by jakepowell View Post
          you like your ciecio7 adapters then adam?
          Yup. Fits perfectly and it's rock solid. As if it was shipped like that.

Really all have triangular do they ?
          Yeah. MKI's have 6 blades. In 1984 they introduced the MKII and switched the aperture from 6 blade hex to a 9 blade triangle aperture.

Full history here:
          http://www.cinematechnic.com/resourc...,2_lenses.html
          Adam Roberts
          www.adamroberts.net

Comment

as well, before i had the 50mm, ive been switching mounts, which was a pain, but using a 50mm 1.4 contax MMJ and it matched almost perfectly with the s16 speeds.

here is the real price of what 50mm s16 speeds go for when someone knows their value

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-S...item1c3ea0765d

there was another but it sold for 3499…i know because i bugged the guy for a month with best offers

Comment

yh im feeling like a bit of a dick for being such a tight arse on that 9.5mm to be honest... sounds like you got damn lucky JLdp

Comment

When I picked up my 12mm MKI it had never been on a camera. Was still in the original Carl Zeiss box. Paid less than €900 for it.
                The 9.5 and 16mm are in near mint condition and cost me about the same.

So while the mechanics of the MKII and MKIII are much better, they do cost a huge amount more and are often in well used condition.
                Adam Roberts
                www.adamroberts.net

Comment

yh im feeling like a bit of a dick for being such a tight arse on that 9.5mm to be honest... sounds like you got damn lucky JLdp
                  you should contact the seller and say, just checking if the buyer wants to back out or anything im willing to pay…and see what he says, its worth a try!
                  you never know, people bid and then freak out they spent too much money and just shutdown and never pay.
                  Last edited by JLdp; 04-19-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

heres a mk2 9.5 with the 8 screw bayonet mount which means you can do a conversion for as cheap as the adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221417746251

Comment

This 9.5mm MK I went for $150, but it has probably seen better days

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261452731985...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

nice paperweight !

Comment

In 2012 german TV sold off a couple sets of MK IIs in Arri-B mount on German eBay as singles via seller fredfroehn. Can't access the original web pages but I have these notes on some I bought.

25mm $1286
                          9.5mm $1267
                          16mm $740
                          12mm $439
                          8mm $482 (T2.1, has a MKII style body, has a tiny vignet)

Some of the bodies had some paint flaking off on the part just by the mount. The 12mm had a small cleaning scuff on the edge of the front element and a tiny knock that your fingers can feel when you reverse your focus. The lens tech said they were all optically and mechanically excellent. The scuff didn't look to flare and the knock didn't show on screen.

Have seen a couple of 50mm go cheap also in 2013. I got one in PL mount from a well known vendor in Germany for $1380

The cheapest MKIIs that I have seen were sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg MacPherson View Post
                            In 2012 german TV sold off a couple sets of MK IIs in Arri-B mount on German eBay as singles via seller fredfroehn. Can't access the original web pages but I have these notes on some I bought.

25mm $1286
                            9.5mm $1267
                            16mm $740
                            12mm $439
                            8mm $482 (T2.1, has a MKII style body, has a tiny vignet)

Some of the bodies had some paint flaking off on the part just by the mount. The 12mm had a small cleaning scuff on the edge of the front element and a tiny knock that your fingers can feel when you reverse your focus. The lens tech said they were all optically and mechanically excellent. The scuff didn't look to flare and the knock didn't show on screen.

Have seen a couple of 50mm go cheap also in 2013. I got one in PL mount from a well known vendor in Germany for $1380

The cheapest MKIIs that I have seen were sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work.
                            and those cheap ones your talking about, as i remember a few were returned by the buyer because they were heavily damaged and needed services, so you have to be careful when they are going that cheap!

Comment

and those cheap ones your talking about, as i remember a few were returned by the buyer because they were heavily damaged and needed services, so you have to be careful when they are going that cheap!
                              Which ones are you refering to? The ones "sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work" ?
                              I didn't record the prices, but they were basically sold cheap as parts or needing overhaul.

The ones I bought (all above with price shown) looked and sounded a bit rough on eBay, but were in great functional condition. But JLdp I do get that there is risk and luck involved when buying from eBay.

Comment

heres a mk2 9.5 with the 8 screw bayonet mount which means you can do a conversion for as cheap as the adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221417746251
                                This is my lens. I purchased it from a German Broadcasting company on eBay a few months ago. It is in amazing condition and works perfectly. I'd be willing to sell it (via PayPal - outside of eBay) for what I paid (around $1300 USD) plus shipping. I'm fine with claiming a lower value (or even a 'return') for customs. We used it with this adapter on an MFT 2.5k BMC: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251176724708

Also have a 12mm S16 MkII with a PL mount - Cosmetically well used, mechanically and optically superb for $1300USD + shipping.

Selling both because we finally secured a full, matching set of MkIII's.

Let me know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X