Selling my BMCC and Rig [AUS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my BMCC and Rig [AUS]

Boy has 2013 been a different year than I thought it would be personally. I got my BMCC after months and months of waiting and prep and learning, shot a few small things on it but due to personal reasons have essentially lost my desire to produce videos. Many personal factors. I've been focusing primarily on my photography lately and have barely used the camera as much as I expected to which is why I'm selling it.

The camera is stunning, and the 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM lens is fantastic as an all round lens. I have no desire to make profit out of it. I'm happy to sell it for retail or near offer since it's used.

I essentially have a basic kit for shooting though, and would much prefer to not be left with bits and pieces left behind and struggle to sell them. Would prefer to sell within Australia (easy shipping).

I've added the price I paid for the items as a guideline for offers.
    • Blackmagic Cinema Camera - $3,000
    • 2x 256GB Crucial M4 SSDs capable of recording raw (with BMD cases) and Powered USB3 Dock - $689
    • 95Wh LightPro V-Lock Battery and charger (AUS) - $360
    • Viewfactor cage, top handle, V-lock battery mount and 18" 15mm rods (not VF) - Approx. $800-900
    • Manfrotto Sympla handles - $379
    • Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM lens - $1,000 (this is about 2 years old now, however)
    • 77mm Kenko 2-stop ND filter and CPL filter for lens above - Approx. $150

Roughly what I paid: $6,000

This is it on set in January. If anyone is interested and wants to name a price for some or all of it, get in touch email at nickbedford dot com or PM (e-mail preferred).

Last edited by nickjbedford; 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM.

Here is a small video I shot as a test on this gear in ProRes and edited in FCPX.

Password is iamyourfather

https://vimeo.com/57414272

Comment

Dang Nick, that's beautifully shot. I can't believe you are selling it
      Blackmagic Cinema Camera Channel

Comment

1400 plus posts. Is this the end of you here? I've really enjoyed your postings.
        Best if luck Nick.
        thekreative
        http://www.thekreative.com

Comment

Thats too bad Nick. Recoup your cash and focus on your stills shooting. You can always return to filming if you get an itch. And your stills camera will always have video mode just incase.

Comment

I was wondering yesterday where Nick went...sort of a disturbance in the force thing. Live long and prosper you interesting young man...your work is superb.

Comment

I NEVER expected this!

A real shame Nick.

Are you going to spend more money now on Photo gear? if so, what catches your eye?

I wish I lived in Aus, Id buy it from you in a heartbeat.
              Tom Majerski
              Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

http://www.TetraGrade.com
              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

Comment

Sorry to hear about this, Nick - but I understand that priorities change.

With the talk going on about flipping cameras, I feel like pointing out that Nick's willingness to sell at cost is a point of honor for me, and worth noting.

Though some feel justified with "supply and demand, supply and demand," I can't help feeling that to go for a 33%-50% markup when cameras are scarce is a pretty sleazy thing to do. It's just scalping. It's illegal to do with gasoline or food during a hurricane or natural disaster, because people intuitively know it's wrong.

What Nick's doing is the way to help a brother (or sister) out, and I wish more people had his attitude. Just my opinion; clearly, others feel differently.
                Randy Walters
                boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Originally posted by randyman View Post
                  With the talk going on about flipping cameras, I feel like pointing out that Nick's willingness to sell at cost is a point of honor for me, and worth noting.

Though some feel justified with "supply and demand, supply and demand," I can't help feeling that to go for a 33%-50% markup when cameras are scarce is a pretty sleazy thing to do. It's just scalping. It's illegal to do with gasoline or food during a hurricane or natural disaster, because people intuitively know it's wrong.
                  +1

Comment

+2 for me. Class act.

Hate to see you go man. I was looking forward to see some more of your work. Drop in every now and then. I many not even get the camera anymore because I am seriously thinking to put that $$ into lenses, if I do I'd still be keeping up on stuff around here. Nice community this is.
                    Darren Scott
                    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Thanks guys for the support! I think what I was enjoying the most was actually the much more focused job of doing the photography (as in DoP), which I'm still interested in doing for projects.

I think the idea of trying to produce, direct and film on my own small projects was beginning to look like too much work for what I really wanted out of it all. To be creative and have fun, not try to organise and run everything when I'm also working a job and trying to have a life too haha. I'm only 25 after all

Just an update on the sale, I'm almost done on a deal with everything except:
                      • 2x 256GB Crucial SSDs
                      • Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM + 2-stop Kenko ND and CPL filter

As mentioned, the lens is around 2 years old and the SSDs were bought in late September.

You might still see me around here however. Perhaps we could keep the photography thread going!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I NEVER expected this!

A real shame Nick.

Are you going to spend more money now on Photo gear? if so, what catches your eye?

I wish I lived in Aus, Id buy it from you in a heartbeat.
                        Well, for now I'm actually mostly set! I have the 5D Mark III, a 24-70mm F2.8L II which is my workhorse and a 50mm F1.4 for bokehlicious portraits. I've been considering getting an 85mm F1.8 or faster but haven't needed it in particular yet.

Most pictures I enjoy taking fall within those boundaries. Portraits, small venue gigs, friends/the odd party with softened hot shoe flash sorta pictures. I've never had a real need for any telephoto or super wide lenses myself.

This is normally how close I am to my portrait subjects haha. (5DIII + 50mm F1.4)

Comment

cool. cya around. You are an asset to this community though. Don't be a stranger.
                          Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

Good luck Nick, your enthusiasm is inspiring. Too bad you couldn't make it work-I'm loving my camera and could never part with it...

Comment

I think you should hook up with person's with projects and JUST DP alone (like regular DP's do ) This way you can stick around and we can get to see your work . I agree that doing all those other stuff alone can be quite overwhelming.
                              Darren Scott
                              Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Working...
                              X