bad news...: they sent a gtx 630
    will send it back and take refund

Comment

I told you so...
      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
        I told you so...
        I can see picture you with your thumb on your nose waggling your fingers going nee-naww-nee-naww, Frank.

Well, it would have been a great deal if it they had delivered what was advertised.

It now appears that the worst deal of the year is available from them - a GTX 630 for 470. Only one left!!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

Now, anyone got any recommendations for a good graphics card for Resolve as I can't quite stretch to the full price of a GTX 680 4GB Classified

Comment

I was just kidding, I wish I could buy a Classified 630 as any other guy here for that bargain,
          but my gut feeling said, that this deal sounded too good.
          Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
            I was just kidding, I wish I could buy a Classified 630 as any other guy here for that bargain,
            but my gut feeling said, that this deal sounded too good.
            I agree, and normally I would wait for the outcome before posting but with only 10 left I wanted to share the potential bargain of the year with my BMCUSER buddies.

Any thoughts on whether a GTX 660 ti 2GB card would be suitable for Resolve anyone?

Can't get the old GTX 570 or 580 cards for love nor money nowadays and the 670, 680, 690 are kinda out of my price range.

Comment

i bought refurbished evga gtx570 with 2.5GB RAM on newegg for around $250.00. Don't know about availability. These "appeared" one night during a search. I'd never seen refurbs at newegg. BTW they (there's two in my machine) rock Resolve. My workflow is so much faster now.

i guess you could search newegg for refurb and evga.
              Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Ferrell View Post
                i bought refurbished evga gtx570 with 2.5GB RAM on newegg for around $250.00. Don't know about availability. These "appeared" one night during a search. I'd never seen refurbs at newegg. BTW they (there's two in my machine) rock Resolve. My workflow is so much faster now.

i guess you could search newegg for refurb and evga.
                Thanks Brad,

Have already have had a good look around as as far as purchasing in the UK there's no source for GTX 570's with 2.5GB RAM any more. I know the 6xx series is not supposed to be as good for Resolve but am hoping that the GTX 660 TI with 3GB RAM may not be a bad option. But not seeing many reports out there of people using this generation of card for Resolve.

Comment

I think when people tested a 680 vs 580, they weren't using a 4GB version, and also, the drivers were new. Maybe the 3GB 580 still performs a bit better (it has a 384 bit memory interface), but I think in the future, with newer drivers on a 4GB version, the 680 will be the same, or perhaps even better. I haven't had any problems at all.

My machine:
                  Asus Sabertooth X79
                  Core i7 3930k
                  32GB RAM
                  GTX 680 4GB
                  Plextor M5Pro SSD

Comment

Ok, I seem to have 2 options at roughly the same price. EVGA GTX 570 HD Superclocked 1.25GB or EVGA GTX 660 TI SC 3GB. Logic tells me that the 660 should outperform the 570 on Resolve due to having far more RAM, despite the fact that the 570 is apparently better geared for apps like Resolve. Or am I mistaken in this?

Comment

if you look at the nvidia card the x70's are kind of in the sweet price as far as the cards go. I'm afraid an x60 card, even if it's newer tech won't outperform an x70 or x80 card, even it's the newer generation. RAM is what I was told was MOST important when getting a card for Resolve. Having two is great. I get to use the NR in realtime and it renders at 80fps sometimes.
                      Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

Originally posted by MIDDLEEASTMAMBO View Post
                        bad news...: they sent a gtx 630
                        will send it back and take refund
                        did you ask the guys why did they ship the 630? Because all the tech specs stated gtx 680...

Comment

My card arrives today and when I see what card I receive I will argue the point with them. It may be a mistake on their part but they have also breached Amazon's T's&C's for marketplace items.

But looking at other options in case this doesn't pan out favourably.

Comment

Originally posted by markmwilliams View Post
                            My card arrives today and when I see what card I receive I will argue the point with them. It may be a mistake on their part but they have also breached Amazon's T's&C's for marketplace items.

But looking at other options in case this doesn't pan out favourably.
                            yeah completely.

If it was a mistake on their part with the listing, and it LOOKS like it, they should contact buyer and say: "we made a mistake and this is the actual price for the 630 NOT the 680. We are sorry, do you still want us to ship the product?" That I would understand.
                            But when they just ship the cheaper one and say nothing, I would give them an hard time and complain with amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Macielle View Post
                              yeah completely.

If it was a mistake on their part with the listing, and it LOOKS like it, they should contact buyer and say: "we made a mistake and this is the actual price for the 630 NOT the 680. We are sorry, do you still want us to ship the product?" That I would understand.
                              But when they just ship the cheaper one and say nothing, I would give them an hard time and complain with amazon.
                              Exactly. And the way they took the photo down and changed the price indicates that they knew something was amiss but at no time have they tried to contact me to alert me to any potential issue with my order.

Comment

same here. no attempt to contact us at all. Mark, did you already get your package?

Comment

Working...
                                X