No announcement yet.

FS: Brand new, never opened BMCC + 240GB SSD, best offer gets it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For truth! I never heard back from him either.

Comment

Originally posted by strancali View Post
      First of all, I didn't cuss at Rich (whoatemyteeth) but I was frustrated and used the word "fucking". Just for you Mark, from now on I'll use "fraking", is that better? If you're easily offended by these terms such as "fucking", "shit", "dickish" then you shouldn't be on the internet. I'll tell you why I was pissed off. It's not whether he has it on ebay or not, but the lack of communications. I rearranged my time with my family to come back on Monday to make this happen and never got a reply until the next day. If he was heading out of town, why didn't he say so like I did? He told me it will be here on Monday, I didn't have to let him know that I was heading to Vegas and will be back on Monday to meet him but I did so because that's communications, you keep people in the loop. If he would have told me he will be out of town until Tuesday then my kids would have had an extra day to spend with their dad.

So I rushed to be sure to make it back to LA in time before the bank closed on Monday thinking I will meet up and make the exchanged. I pm'd him and heard nothing, so yea I was pissed. I don't know about you but time to me is precious, especially when it's spent with my family. I can buy a lot of things but time is not one of them and that is why I never waste people's time and I expect the same in return.
      Your bank was open on MLK day? Ummmmm....

Comment

The camera has been sold to another forum member, for a little less than Strancoli offered and I included a second SSD and a USB 3.0 hard driver reader.

This dumb trash talking, sad story "had to leave the kids" thing, I don't get it. I never asked to meet Monday. If he left his family that day, that was 100% his own decision (and was not communicated). It's shocking to me the immaturity of that situation, and I'd prefer not to comment any further on it.

I'm happy someone on the board got it, they were a pleasure to deal with, and my apologies for those I may not have had a chance to respond to. I received around 75+ messages, which were difficult to organize. I could have easily sol this on eBay for much more prophet, but again, I'm gla someone here got it.

Comment

Congrats to whoever got the camera. Have a blast with your new camera!

Comment

Regardless if the banks were opened or not, I have cash in hand. That wasn't my concern at the time and did not think about the banks closing. My concern was to get back in time to make the deal happened. I left a day early thinking I gave this guy my word to meet on Monday. If he wants to call me out on trash talking about "had to leave the kids" then I can call bullshit on his "just got back in town". It's obvious that he wanted to get more for it and probably the deal fell through with someone else then decides to pm me the day after with this " I was out of town " crap. If he rather sell it to someone on this forum, why didn't he sell it to the person who pm'd him 3 minutes after he posted for $3500?

No big deal, I could have answered his pm the next day and bought it at $4k but that's not my style. I don't like bullshitters. I'm glad someone on here got it though so good on them.
            Blackmagic Cinema Camera Channel

Comment

just for you guys out there, there are a few more available on eBay and one seller willing to close the deal for USD 4k too. Here are the links to you guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=330860741217
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=200883681221
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=290848480626

I can't remember which one willing to close the deal earlier for USD 4k but you guys can contact any of them.

And for the note, I was the one that managed to get the BMCC out of @whoatemyteeth. He was bombarded with toooooooo many messages I believe.
              Well, I managed to get to him by contacting him continuously through gmail and he was kind enough to sell it to me once I completed the money transferred in a Giffy.

I think it is not fair to call people name and the BMCC is after all very sought after by many buyers. I have a timetable with me to alert me to check this Forum and eBay and other forums to detect any possible auctions. Try www.slidoo.com to get more accurate eBay auctions.

Thanks to all.

Comment

@kicap getting a hold of him was easy for me the first time because I offered $4k right of the bat. He replied right away. The first member "vegetableman" wasn't so lucky however even though he pm'd this guy his email, his phone number minutes after he listed posted it for $3500. If anyone should have gotten the bmc, it should have been him. I'm sure there are many members offering a lot lower than $4k without any response but I'll let them speak for themselves. I'm not bitter about not getting the camera as I could have gotten it still but it wasn't my style.

It's pointless to talk about now. I'm glad you got the cam. I see many popping up now, I even have people pm'ing me with offers. I'll just wait for the MFT to come in, no biggie.

Comment

You said you had to rush to LA before the banks close, but then had to quickly change that to you had cash in hand. Clearly you can't keep your stories straight and are desperately trying to be dramatic.

I've had more than a half dozen offers for a higher price, and I could have easily sold it on eBay in three days for more money, but I didn't. I really wish that I had a second one for dustylens and I'm sorry to anyone I missed in sending a response to. I can't wait until there's more discussion about using the camera and links to footage on here than these ugly threads.

Congrats Kicap! I hope the camera gets to you soon!
                  Last edited by whoatemyteeth; 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Dude, you are seriously acting crazy. How do you know who PM'd me first, or what people wrote or offered? You have no idea, you just keep making things up.

Originally posted by strancali View Post
                    @kicap getting a hold of him was easy for me the first time because I offered $4k right of the bat. He replied right away. The first member "vegetableman" wasn't so lucky however even though he pm'd this guy his email, his phone number minutes after he listed posted it for $3500. If anyone should have gotten the bmc, it should have been him. I'm sure there are many members offering a lot lower than $4k without any response but I'll let them speak for themselves. I'm not bitter about not getting the camera as I could have gotten it still but it wasn't my style.

It's pointless to talk about now. I'm glad you got the cam. I see many popping up now, I even have people pm'ing me with offers. I'll just wait for the MFT to come in, no biggie.

Comment

yup, it seems that everyone that has the EF is now selling it off to buy the MFT one!

There is also rumour that the MFT will not be a dumb mount anymore. Not sure whether BMD has anything to say on that though.

They will be more than a dozen in the next one month soon on eBay and might even lower price than now I believe.

Anyway, thanks to @whoatemyteeth for giving it out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by whoatemyteeth View Post
                        You said you had to rush to LA before the banks close, but then quickly changed that to you had cash in hand when caught in a lie. Clearly you can't keep your stories straight and are desperately trying to be dramatic.

I've had more than a half dozen offers for a higher price, and I could have easily sold it on eBay in three days for more money, but I didn't. I really wish that I had a second one for dustylens and I'm sorry to anyone I missed in sending a response to. I can't wait until there's more discussion about using the camera and links to footage on here than these ugly threads.

Congrats Kicap! I hope the camera gets to you soon!
                        Dude, you don't know who I am so you wouldn't know that I don't lie. May be I didn't word it right regarding the cash in hand. I don't about you but I have cash readily available for emergencies. That's what a responsible family do, they prepare for the worst. I didn't think about the banks being closed on Monday because all I thought about was making it back in time to go to the bank before it closed. I didn't "leave my kids", they were with me but I did cut it short one day because I had a deal with you. I rushed back and pm'd you right away but did not get a response. I then saw on the forums about "maybe you sold it on ebay" and notice that the ebay listing was located in Los Angeles. this is a care camera still so its not lie a 5d where hundreds of sales coming from LA. I really thought it was you who listed on ebay hence the reason you didn't bother to reply to me.

Do you know how many times that happened before with other people who were selling this camera? They don't reply to you because they had a better offer or they decided to put it on ebay. So when you didn't reply to me that was what I thought and that was why I said about the keeping words thing. I don't what dela you had going that went south but you didn't pm me until the next day. So if it was all about the bmc to me, I could have answered your pm and met with you and bought it. But it's not about that, I know what crap you were pulling and it didn't sit well with me. Now you say some crap about my sad story with "had to leave my kid" yada yada. If you know me in real life, you would know that I don't bullshit, I don't waste people's time and call it the way i see it.

Now with this I could have sold it on ebay for more but i'm such a good guy routine is bs. You should had sold it to vegetabelman who was the first to offered you your asking price minutes after but of course not because my $4k offer was better. Money talks and bullshit walks so I own up to it man. Anyways, this is getting old. No big deal to me, it's jsut a bmc after all for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by whoatemyteeth View Post
                          Dude, you are seriously acting crazy. How do you know who PM'd me first, or what people wrote or offered? You have no idea, you just keep making things up.
                          whoatemyteeth: So far a bunch of messages, but no offers. $3500 for this package? at 5:37pm

vegetableman: hey man, I PMd you my phone number. ill PM you my email if thats better for you. at 5:47pm

Yes you had a bunch of messages but NO OFFERS. The minute you put $3500, he pm'd you his phone number and then his email but you know that the dude with $500 higher offers gets your time. That's why you replied to me "I can send it overnight anywhere" right away.

Let's stop this here, it's just wasting more time. Let's enjoy this forum instead of bickering back and forth. You sold cam already good for you, let's move on.

Comment

Vegetableman was the sixth person to PM me. He PM'ed an offer at 5:49, Strancoli PM'ed at 5:51, and again, five other people PM'ed before either of them.

I never said "first person who makes any offer gets it" and I also didn't wait around for hours for a higher offer (which I would have had every right to do, if I wanted). I told Strancoli it was his, and he said not to tell anyone it was sold to him. He however ruined it for himself. I didn't seek a "better deal", just an easier buyer, so it went to the next person in line (of many) who made a similar offer.

Next time it's going straight to eBay.

Comment

Yes I did say don't let people know that I bought, just a habit of mine. Oh well, it's over and done with so let's move on.

Comment

Congratulations to the winner, and yes, whoatemyteeth, that sounds like a good idea

Comment

Working...
                                X