Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOLEN - URSA MINI 4.6k Serial no. 2908875 (Bay Area- Berkeley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN - URSA MINI 4.6k Serial no. 2908875 (Bay Area- Berkeley)

On a shoot in the bay area and sadly reporting that my URSA mini 4.6K PL version kit got lifted out of my car yesterday along with my sony a7s ii and some (sniff sniff) incredible Nikkor primes, 11-16 tokina, leica 35-70. Car was locked, windows were bashed out but fortunately I have insurance (Athos) however I can tell this will be a battle to get full coverage. Insurance companies seem to be great at two things, selling you insurance...and then trying to avoid covering you.

I have reported it to the Berkeley police and just warning the community that if you see the serial no. 2908875 on a URSA MINI 4.6k PL floating around, it is reported stolen. I'd also appreciate any info, my email is clay@haskellfilms.com.

Happy shooting and take care...our industry is getting hit really hard by theft and insurance companies. Do yourself a favor and phone them up and ask lots of questions about the fine print.

best

Clay
    Clay Haskell
    WRITER | DIRECTOR
    www.HASKELLFILMS.com

Oh, man... I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for suspicious sales in the L.A. area. I hope you're able to get full replacements out of the insurance.
    -Tim Crowe
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/crowedunk
    Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/timcrowe

Comment

Crap!

Keep an eye out.
      Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
      Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
      Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Oh god, good luck with getting this all resolved. At least with it in a locked vehicle you should hopefully be pretty well covered. I'm also with Athos, so please post how everything goes with them!

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will update on how Athos takes care of it....they are telling me I have to buy everything and they will reimburse. So if you don't have the funds to do that, seems your sol. I think they maybe able to work with you thought, my claims adjuster is very kind so far so I am hoping she takes care of me. Will update soon... best CLay
          Clay Haskell
          WRITER | DIRECTOR
          www.HASKELLFILMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by C.H.Haskell View Post
            Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will update on how Athos takes care of it....they are telling me I have to buy everything and they will reimburse. So if you don't have the funds to do that, seems your sol. I think they maybe able to work with you thought, my claims adjuster is very kind so far so I am hoping she takes care of me. Will update soon... best CLay
            Good to know. I was looking into Athos, but if they require you to front that money for replacements, then I may find another provider. I'm definitely interested in what your outcome will be.
            -Tim Crowe
            Instagram: www.instagram.com/crowedunk
            Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/timcrowe

Comment

Oh man, that really sucks! That's the stuff of my nightmares. I really hope you get it all sorted out.

Comment

Thats Berkley East Bay for ya. A word for the wise. When in that area, locked cars do NOTHING. I won't even shoot there anymore. Witnessed a murder 8 ft from me at a Dennys. I know many people that have been stolen from there.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

A car is Not a safe place to keep anything valuable, even the car is as risk in many urban areas. You need to keep video/camera equipment with you, or locked up in a secure area, not in a parked vehicle, especially in the East Bay or even in San Francisco. Had my trunk forced open when I was parked behind the Federal Court House, lost a bag full of clothes!
                  Nothing is safe unattended! Sorry for your loss too.
                  DS

Comment

I don't know much about equipment insurers like Athos. Can someone share what kind of insurance they sell or you buy from them that covers equipment loss or damage? Who are the other insurers and are they worthy of getting?

Comment

Originally posted by C.H.Haskell View Post
                      Replacement value is pretty normal regardless of insurance company. You'd need to have 'Stated Value" with replacement optional to just get paid after a claim, and that coverage is way way more expensive. Often the insurance company will allow you to come up with a set of valid quotes for just the reason of soft cash flow. Or the vendor may allow the sale to be posted with shipping only taking place upon payment kind of thing. I think you'll be OK.

Sorry about your loss though. As if it's not already hard enough.

Comment

I actually just signed up with Athos myself. Any updates on how they handled the claim? Hope it's all working out for you, man...

Comment

Damn, I don't know what the hell I would do if this happened to me. Even with insurance, it really sucks to have your shit stolen. The thing is, if a thief really wants to get something, there's not much that can stand in their way. I never ever ever ever leave equipment in my car, unless it's in the trunk. And that's only for short periods of time. Overnight it's in the house or with me wherever I'm at. I'm really sorry this happened to you and hope I don't come off preachy. I'm so sensitive to this that I'm suspicious of anyone watching me load or unload equipment. Hope insurance comes through.
                          instagram
                          my work

Comment

Working...
                          X