Whats the second hand price on BMCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the second hand price on BMCC?

Im selling my bmcc without davinci dongle and i have a buyer that clams its worth $350. Isnt it worth $800?
    http://www.erichasso.com/
    http://www.thesuspenseofdisbelief.com/

Unless there's something wrong with it $350 is a joke. The MFT versions seem to bring a little more than the EF versions, but $800+ seems reasonable for a good working unit (minus the dongle).

Comment

They still go for $1000 all day long. I guess $800 is ok if you need the money. Tell that buyer to take a hike. Pockets still go for $600.

I think a huge misconception potential buyers have is valuing Resolve at $1000 when in reality, you can pick up a Dongle for $300. That's the real market price. So subtract that from $1999, the price of a new camera and then the buyer is still getting a great camera for $700 off retail. This was all a couple months ago so it's possible prices have fallen some.

Ask em to go find one on Ebay from some stranger seller for that and get back to you

Comment

Thanx guys!
        http://www.erichasso.com/
        http://www.thesuspenseofdisbelief.com/

Comment

Always a difficult thing to determine if you're the seller. When I was shopping on eBay for a parfocal B4 zoom, I noticed very large price variations for comparable glass. Mind you the higher prices just never got a single bid.

Everyone is hoping you don't know the value of what you have so they can make a steal. Typically that happens at a garage sale or even an estate sale when the seller hasn't a clue what they are selling and let's a set of lenses go for a $100. But you know what it's worth.

Comment

I've never seen a BMCC that wasn't broken in some way sell for less than $1,000. Without the dongle.

Like Canon 5D mkIII's - they just hold resale value very well.
            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

i just got $1300 (without dongle) for BMCC EF with switronix battery, 480gb SSD, dock, top handle and a bag on CL. Don't go less than $1000 for just the body (unless it's in terrible condition) $350 is total BS...

Comment

Yeah, I think what needs to be remembered by these crummy buyers who claim that no Resolve dongle means $1000 off the used price, is that including Resolve with these cameras costs Blackmagic little to nothing. The BMCC without resolve is still worth $2000 in my opinion. I'd say to tell this guy or gal to kick rocks! If it's in good shape, don't settle for less than $1000.
                -Tim Crowe
                Instagram: www.instagram.com/crowedunk
                Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/timcrowe

Comment

I think about $1000 or a bit more is fair. Even $1100 in clean condition. Dongles are $300.

I picked up an mft from someone here earlier this year which with whatever else was included made it $1000 to $1100.

I got a BMPC for again about $1000 to $1100 with everything else included late last year.

3+- years and 2+- years later respectively there is still nothing that gives a cinema image at this price (except other BM cameras).

$350, just give them a hollow laugh and walk away.

Comment

In my neck of the woods the prices are as such (in US dollars, immaculate and working):
                    BMPCC w/o extras.……......................................... .......... 600. - 780.
                    BMPCC w/ extras (Batts, SD cards, Cage) ........................ 800. - 1100.

BMCC EF w/o extras............................................ .......... 800 - 1000.
                    BMCC EF w/ extras (SSDs, Cage, External Power).............. 1100 - 1300.

BMCC MFT w/o extras.............................….............. ...... 800 - 1100
                    BMCC MFT w/ extras(SSDs, Cage, Extn. PS)..................... 1100 - 1400

BMPC EF camera only....…......................................... .... 1200 - 1500

The above BMCC and BMPC prices would be without dongle. Add 300 if it comes with dongle.

At these prices, it’s fair to both seller and buyer.

At 350 for a BMCC, you can tell him to go and pound sand. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X