Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please read forum guidelines before posting (reminder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read forum guidelines before posting (reminder)

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...elines-Updated

Jason specifically points out profiteering and how to go about it. Please remember to read guidelines before posting, the posts will be zapped.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Thanks for this reminder. I've been resisting the strong urge to respond directly to some of these 'profiteering' posts since the UM46 has started shipping.

If you really want to get your hands on a UM46 ASAP, please don't get suckered into paying $1000 (or more) over MSRP. I have it on good authority that BM is cranking out UM46's at a very high rate, and North American backorders are expected to be filled VERY quickly. You can expect the UM46 to be normally stocked by most resellers in days - not months. We've waited 6+ months for this cam. Please save yourself a lot of money and wait just a tiny bit longer.

Comment

Alright...give it to me straight.
      That means I can't rent out my sister here...right?
      Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
      Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
      Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Yes, wait for a week or two, these and Micro Cinema Cameras will be out far faster than any of the other cameras. They understand the demand, and it will be met. As you can see, there were several retailers without preorders at all that had 10+.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
        Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
          That depends - will you be dramatically profiting from the rental?

Comment

Sorry guys I guess I'm responsible for this thread ; ), I tried looking for such a guideline but didn't find it. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by UTR-Labs View Post
              That depends - will you be dramatically profiting from the rental?
              Hmmm...no. Probably not.
              Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

Originally posted by Brody View Post
                Sorry guys I guess I'm responsible for this thread ; ), I tried looking for such a guideline but didn't find it. My bad.
                Well then INTO THE MOAT WITH YOU BRODY!

(Do we even HAVE a moat around here anymore?)

Comment

Originally posted by Brody View Post
                  Ha! I thought this thread was because of me. I'm selling my mini and my initial FS post and my FS repost both got taken down. Now if I had posted the starting bid $500 UNDER the retail price would it of still been taken down from here? Its not very clear. At what point do you consider it "profiteering?"

Comment

Hahaha...
                    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Comment

Well then INTO THE MOAT WITH YOU BRODY!

(Do we even HAVE a moat around here anymore?)
                      No. The water was diverted to keep Ryan Kavanaugh's lawn green.

Best we can do is send him to the break room with the broken coffee maker.

Comment

Originally posted by cmckinlay View Post
                        Ha! I thought this thread was because of me. I'm selling my mini and my initial FS post and my FS repost both got taken down. Now if I had posted the starting bid $500 UNDER the retail price would it of still been taken down from here? Its not very clear. At what point do you consider it "profiteering?"
                        I don't claim to know all the rules here, nor am I responsible for enforcing any of them. But I think the consensus is that profiteering posts feel predatory. You're taking advantage of a situation for nothing more than profit. You certainly didn't have to accept the camera when it was shipped to you, and it would have been passed on to the next person in line with the reseller.

I bet that if you listed your rare (for today) UM46 for what you paid for it, plus actual shipping charges and PayPal fees, you'd be okay. Or put it on eBay for a zillion dollars, but don't link back to your auction here.

To wave it around here seeking the highest bidder is disingenuous to the group.

Comment

Originally posted by UTR-Labs View Post
                          I don't claim to know all the rules here, nor am I responsible for enforcing any of them. But I think the consensus is that profiteering posts feel predatory. You're taking advantage of a situation for nothing more than profit. You certainly didn't have to accept the camera when it was shipped to you, and it would have been passed on to the next person in line with the reseller.

I bet that if you listed your rare (for today) UM46 for what you paid for it, plus actual shipping charges and PayPal fees, you'd be okay. Or put it on eBay for a zillion dollars, but don't link back to your auction here.

To wave it around here seeking the highest bidder is disingenuous to the group.
                          I get your point but its still a grey area as I posted it at the MSRP...which is what I paid. So until someone bids above that price...then and only then would it be very minimal profiteering. And at this point no one has bid on it yet.
                          I don't see it as predatory, I see it as an advantage. You need the camera next week for your shoot, buy mine. Or Risk waiting for a store to get them in stock just in time for your shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by cmckinlay View Post
                            So until someone bids above that price...then and only then would it be very minimal profiteering.
                            Did your post specifically state that you would be accepting the highest offer? I don't see any grey area in that; that's pretty black and white to me.
                            Aaron Lochert

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                              Did your post specifically state that you would be accepting the highest offer? I don't see any grey area in that; that's pretty black and white to me.
                              It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules. My point is , If I put the starting bid $500 under MSRP, No profiteering until someones bids pushes it above MSRP. Would they still remove the post from the FS section? Do you see what I am getting at?
                              Its no big deal though. Contrary to what people here are saying, there is plenty of backlog at resellers that I have gotten significant interest on my mini. And if magically no one bids on it, Ill just return it to Adorama.

Comment

Working...
                              X