Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please read forum guidelines before posting (reminder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmckinlay View Post
    It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules. My point is , If I put the starting bid $500 under MSRP, No profiteering until someones bids pushes it above MSRP. Would they still remove the post from the FS section? Do you see what I am getting at?
    Its no big deal though. Contrary to what people here are saying, there is plenty of backlog at resellers that I have gotten significant interest on my mini. And if magically no one bids on it, Ill just return it to Adorama.
    Deleting your post here didn't delete your eBay listing.

Auction your cam off for whatever you can get for it on eBay.

Or--

List it here with an actual price.

The bmcuser for sale forum isn't an auction forum. And this isn't merely a place to simply post links to your eBay auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by UTR-Labs View Post
      Deleting your post here didn't delete your eBay listing.

Auction your cam off for whatever you can get for it on eBay.

Or--

List it here with an actual price.

The bmcuser for sale forum isn't an auction forum. And this isn't merely a place to simply post links to your eBay auctions.
      Actually, you are allowed to post ebay links as per the forum rules. Just no bumps or "time-remaining" updates or profiteering. But you don't seem to understand what I am asking.

Comment

But you don't seem to understand what I am asking.
        Well, one of us isn't getting something, that's for sure.

Comment

I don't see why you guys are busting his balls. Supply and demand, it's that simple. He's not pointing a gun at anyone or tricking anyone into buying something they don't want. This is the dumbest thing (rule) I've seen in awhile. I take it some of you guys don't play the stocks or bought a car that was a limited addition. I bought an sl55 back in the day for $30K over the msrp because each dealer had only 10 available. I paid it because i want it and didn't want to wait 9 months. They didn't trick me or mislead me in anyway. It's life people, if you want something bad enough and don't want to wait, you'll have to pay a little more for it. What kind of a shit rule is this anyways?
          Blackmagic Cinema Camera Channel

Comment

It's ebay...you have to sell to the highest bidder. Those are their rules.
            Ah. You didn't mention eBay in your previous comment, so I was making the assumption that you made a thread here and were letting BMCUser members bid the price up. I agree. It's a little more grey now.

That said... don't try and backpedal and claim that profiteering isn't exactly your intention.

I plan on reselling my mini46 the second I get it on ebay. I'm #7 at Adorama and hopefully I can collect a nice little profit from some desperate soul and move over to RED. Before BMD drops the price right before NAB.
            I am going to let everyone get into a bidding war. I remember back when the BMCC slowly started to come into the market, a few early pre-order cameras hit ebay and pulled in some sweeeet profit.
            The mini46 is a hot item that people are desperately waiting for so I am hoping to get near $7k if I get mine early enough. Might be a little much but you never know what someone will pay to get something before other people
            My BMCC and pocket are doing me just fine right now.

Edit: while writing my next post. I forgot to factor in the Viewfinder and Shoulder kit and V-mount kit I already purchased. The viewfinder is pretty sweet though. The build quality is superb!

So for my entire ursa mini 4.6k I would hope to pull in $13k-$15k if I get it in the first batch.
            Aaron Lochert

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
              Ah. You didn't mention eBay in your previous comment, so I was making the assumption that you made a thread here and were letting BMCUser members bid the price up. I agree. It's a little more grey now.

That said... don't try and backpedal and claim that profiteering isn't exactly your intention.
              Yeah, and......

Comment

Let me rephrase for the slower ones of the group.

"I have an Ursa mini EF 4.6k body + EVF. On ebay @ $6000 starting bid." Would that get removed from the FS thread here?

Comment

IF I posted it just below MSRP would that allow it to stay in the thread or would a mod still consider that profiteering? You following loch.....
                  Because, it would only take a few bids to push it above MSRP.
                  Basically the forum rules state that if we are selling anything it must be at a LOSS to the seller. Yeah, thats not going to happen with a brand new camera.
                  At this point I could really care less if it gets posted here. But I think some clarification is due.

Comment

It's not about the price it's about running your mouth. Try and make it whatever you think it is but you salted your own game.

Comment

It's pretty clear.

It says in the guidelines...

"Better yet…if you happened to get your hands on one of the first versions of whatever BMC camera and want to sell it for a profit, take it to eBay. It's your right to sell it for whatever price you want, but there's a certain community spirit we want to encourage here, and profiteering has no place in that community."

Ebay auctions are allowed, but not when it's a new camera. What's so hard to accept about that ? You could have sold it here for what you paid for it if you wanted. Ebay also has a BUY IT NOW function so you also don't have to use the auction function either.

JB

Comment

Ebay auctions are allowed, but not when it's a new camera.
                        Clarified!.....thanks John

Comment

Working...
                        X