Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'I like the cut of your jib....' Looking to buy a camera Jib... budget up to 500.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I like the cut of your jib....' Looking to buy a camera Jib... budget up to 500.00

Morning world.

I'm looking to buy a good camera jib, with a budget of up to 500.00

I'd like to press 'Buy It Now' before the days over so it can be here next week.

I've seen Hague seem to pop up a lot online but yet to find a decent 'guide to buying your first professional camera jib' article.

Trying to weigh up whether I got for length, build quality, lightness etc.

There's mainly one shot in an upcoming shoot I'm planning to use it for, where we'll pull up from a small shack in a woods and lift up above the shack into the tree canopy... so maybe 3.5 to 4m would suffice..

We're also filming a 'making of' documentary piece to accompany the main video, (at the clients request) so I'd like the jib to look the part and not overly cheap when seen on camera.

There's budget allowed for the purchase of the jib (or rental but I'd rather buy so I'm investing in some tangible assets for the business). So as well as using it for this one particular shot I'd like a jib that will be easy to use on other shoots...

Any recommendations?... any thing I should steer clear of...

There's this one from Digislider which seems good for a small budget, especially if I wanted to make use of the motorised option for future time-lapse purposes. But it does look like it may be flimsy and bounce... or catch the wind...?

Or this one from Hague... which is a little over my budget once you add taxes but maybe I can be convinced..

Or should I investigate the 2nd hand market??

If anyone in the UK has one they're looking to sell please let me know (I'm located in Devon, South West England).

Any ideas welcome... or just hilarious stories involving a jib.
    A professional 2D / 3D animator with a passion for film.
    www.stormystudio.com

THIS.

Longer. Solid. Expandable by 4-foot sections.

...and.....it has a TILT LEVER.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...10_8_dslr.html
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

We have this crane and like it very much - it ain't no Panavision Technocrane but the T12 is actually ownable.

t12.jpg

For something a little easier to transport and manage on set I'd recommend this one:

jib.jpg
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/291696073035

Comment

Originally posted by UTR-Labs View Post
        We have this crane and like it very much - it ain't no Panavision Technocrane but the T12 is actually ownable.
        How much is the T12?

It seems great!
        TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com | instagram | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dia3olik View Post
          How much is the T12?

It seems great!
          You can get them used, in like-new condition (with trailer and all the support equipment) for about $100k USD. Not sure on the price new.

Be cautioned, however, that while the T12 works really well, it can get persnickety if you don't lavish it with maintenance. It's more needy than a helicopter.

Or a teenager...

Comment

Working...
          X