For sale: Bmcc 2.5k mft $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale: Bmcc 2.5k mft $1000

Just wanting to judge the interest on this before putting it up on Ebay. If people are keen I can post photos.

I have a BMCC 2.5K MFT in great condition for sale. This is my 2nd BMCC MFT and it is a year old, it has a good sensor ( I sent the first back ) and before that I had a BMCC EF that I had to send back 3 times til I got a sensor I was looking for!

It comes with all original accessories in the box, except no Resolve dongle ( I sold this a while ago )

Anyway asking $1000 US + shipping.

I am located in Sydney, but will ship worldwide.

Cheers,

Sam

I may be interested. What exactly do you mean by "it has a good sensor ( I sent the first back ) and before that I had a BMCC EF that I had to send back 3 times til I got a sensor I was looking for"?
    What was it about the sensor?
    Thanks.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

The sensor on the BMCC's was plagued by phasing and other artefacts that appeared in lowlight in the early releases and I became obsessed with getting a good one as I like to shoot quite dark and moody. In the end I was happy with both sensors in the EF and MFT just took a little while to get a good one!

Comment

Wow if they're going for so little, I see why my listing for one at $1800 (with 2 SSDs) got no bites. Such an awesome camera for that price...

Comment

This would be so ridiculously tempting if I had the money. Someone's going to get a hell of a deal.

Comment

If this was EF, I would be all over it... but alas..........

Comment

Originally posted by studiomusic View Post
              If this was EF, I would be all over it... but alas..........
              Out of curiosity, why do you want the EF version? I always figured MFT made more sense for the format, and let you use your EF glass with either an adapter or a Speed Booster.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRenaissanceMan View Post
                Out of curiosity, why do you want the EF version? I always figured MFT made more sense for the format, and let you use your EF glass with either an adapter or a Speed Booster.
                Probably already invested in EF glass. Some dang good stuff there, especially the 'L' glass.
                Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

Yep, I have all the good L glass and a bunch of other Cannon mount primes that I use with my Dragon.
                  A lot of them need electronic aperture control.

Comment

So here is how I see this priced (and similar ones). A brand new unit will cost $1995 and comes with the dongle. The dongle cost $995 by itself. So we are down to $1000. Deduct a depreciation of 20% per year of used, that brings the price down to about $600usd (1000-(original brand new price of 1995 x .20)) rounded off. So a reasonable selling price without the dongle will be between $625 and $680 depending on condition of unit. That's without glass BTW. Anyway that's how much you can expect KEH to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                      So here is how I see this priced (and similar ones). A brand new unit will cost $1995 and comes with the dongle. The dongle cost $995 by itself. So we are down to $1000. Deduct a depreciation of 20% per year of used, that brings the price down to about $600usd (1000-(original brand new price of 1995 x .20)) rounded off. So a reasonable selling price without the dongle will be between $625 and $680 depending on condition of unit. That's without glass BTW. Anyway that's how much you can expect KEH to pay for it.
                      I'm sorry. I don't normally jump into for sale posts like this, but this is flawed logic.

You're using the full $2000 when it's in your favor, but not using it when it's against you. You can't take off the full retail price of $995 for the Resolve dongle, only to depreciate on the full $2000. You're taking an extra 20% this way. You removed the dongle from consideration by subtracting $995, so you should only depreciate on what's left. So 20% off $1000 is $800.

That said, I'd have to disagree that this should be priced any less than the $1000 OP has his posted for (which is an incredible price as-is).

Considering you can buy Resolve dongles second hand for $300, it makes no sense to subtract the entire thousand off the value of the cam. Going back to the (arbitrary) 20% figure, a camera including Resolve would be $1600. You can buy OP's camera and a second-hand dongle for $1300. Steal!
                      Aaron Lochert

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                        I'm sorry. I don't normally jump into for sale posts like this, but this is flawed logic.

You're using the full $2000 when it's in your favor, but not using it when it's against you. You can't take off the full retail price of $995 for the Resolve dongle, only to depreciate on the full $2000. You're taking an extra 20% this way. You removed the dongle from consideration by subtracting $995, so you should only depreciate on what's left. So 20% off $1000 is $800.

That said, I'd have to disagree that this should be priced any less than the $1000 OP has his posted for (which is an incredible price as-is).

Considering you can buy Resolve dongles second hand for $300, it makes no sense to subtract the entire thousand off the value of the cam. Going back to the (arbitrary) 20% figure, a camera including Resolve would be $1600. You can buy OP's camera and a second-hand dongle for $1300. Steal!
                        Yup.

To break that down even simpler: it's worth what the marketplace says it's worth. Which is well north of $600 or $800. Nice try though.
                        Some cameras hold their resale value really well. Others are the A7s.

Comment

Sorry folks but the calculation is not flawed. Standard depreciation on electronic products and automobiles are calculated at 20%/yr or full depreciation at 5 years, this includes camera. I'm not making this up. Give your major use cam/electronics shop a call and ask them how much they will pay for your cam. They'll tack back the 20% when your cam is put on the display shelves after you sold it to them. Calculating the depreciation from the original price of purchase is how you do it even if the dongle is no longer included. This makes sense because the dongle was already sold too, probably at full price. Last, I'm not buying so I'm not trying to low ball... just practical numbers to negotiate upon. Glasses holds their value; not the cam bodies for the most part. Anyway, no one is saying as a sellers that you shouldn't price what you want to sell for, and buyers will pay what they want to pay. Cheers.

Comment

It's really hard to gauge the market for these, but $1,000 seems like a fair price. I'm pretty active is watching what the market is doing with both the pocket, and the CC and PC.

The problem I find with most of the cameras on the secondary market is that it's very rare to find someone who is only selling the body. Most people seem to want to bundle in all their unnecessary accessories that they bought for their rig that I probably already own or don't need when I'm in the market for a good deal on a camera.

Based on what I've seen, you should have no trouble getting a grand on ebay for that camera.

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                              Completely flawed and actually not allowed in for sale posts. There's no bitching and arguing about prices, especially when it's this flawed.

Flag this stuff people, it's the only way to clean up this place.

Comment

Working...
                              X