Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Hole
    replied
    I will Google Earth San Francisco and have a look but Lake San Antonio looks like it might be perfect.

Thanks Phil!

Leave a comment:

• Phil
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Hole View Post
    I need to do a terrain extraction from the usds.gov for a background shot in Vue. Can anyone think of locations in North America that might fit as a double for an Italian landscape like Tuscany. I'm not interested in buildings or foliage just the lay of the land. There is likely to be countless examples so any help would be appreciated!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]734[/ATTACH]
    Ive filmed all over Tuscany & I felt those strange very rolling barren hills just due east of SanFrancisco looked very much the same as Tuscany in August, perhaps also just inland of the pacific Coast Highway to the south. You just need a few rows of those pointed Cypress Trees along the roads & a few old villas.. Hmm after looking at the image, go to lake San Antonio & you will pass spot on the same looking hills.....(obviously without the vegetation, caulture, Villas, wine, great food & history)....

Leave a comment:

• Tim Hole
    replied
    I was thinking that somewhere like the Santa Ynez Valley.

I'll do a google search. It's the obvious choice.

Thanks

Edit: Napa Valley might work well enough.
    Last edited by Tim Hole; 08-27-2012, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• randyman
    replied
    Somewhere in California wine country. Off the Pacific Coast Highway (relatively) near San Francisco.
    Last edited by randyman; 08-27-2012, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Hole
    started a topic An American location like Tuscany

An American location like Tuscany

I need to do a terrain extraction from the usds.gov for a background shot in Vue. Can anyone think of locations in North America that might fit as a double for an Italian landscape like Tuscany. I'm not interested in buildings or foliage just the lay of the land. There is likely to be countless examples so any help would be appreciated!

destpage-rt-tuscany-1.jpg
Working...
X