No announcement yet.

Beyond The Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at his website - I never knew he was in Star Trek - DS9 and Enterprise, because I never recognized him!

For those who aren't familiar with him, in Frighteners he brought a level of commitment to the part that was beyond belief; he literally stole the movie. And this was playing against Michael J. Fox, and all the SFX Peter Jackson could come up with!

Sorry to go OT, but he made a huge impression on me; I had to mention it. It must have been amazing watching him work.
    Randy Walters
    boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Wow, I never knew that either actually. I only knew him from Re-Animator. But yes, he was quite talented and utterly committed to his role. It was a great experience for me as well, and my first DIT job on a feature. The F3 is easily one of my favorite cameras at this point, the image is silky smooth and has a great look to it.

Comment

Originally posted by razz16mm View Post
        Love the custom Jeep mount Frank.
        Yeah, we had a big a..s mount there
        Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks for contributing your BTS photos everyone Let's keep it going!

Comment

_5110354.jpg

B camera focus puller Frank Hruby isn't quite sure I know what I'm doing....
            (Cooke 25-250)

Love the hat john. How do I get to steal it from you :-)

Thanks for the photos. Made my day :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sri View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]366[/ATTACH]
              I'm going to start getting dressed-up for my camera work now.

Comment

I wear cargo shorts and a light tee to shoots mostly. Comfortable clothes for shooting haha.
                Last edited by nickjbedford; 07-17-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369[/ATTACH]
                  if only i could get my hands on that red
                  Attached Files

Comment

Love the hat john. How do I get to steal it from you :-)

Thanks for the photos. Made my day :-)
                    Don't laugh but I take hats very seriously. Um ok so warning cause we're about to go way OT.....

It's friggin hard to find a hat for an Operator.

You have to keep the sun off your face, stop your hair going in your eyes and have it stay on your head in high wind without using your hands to hold it for a gust (cause they're like...busy), plus be flexible enough to *bend* when you put your head up against camera.

So this daggy hat is the ultimate camera operators hat..It's a Tilley.

It's made of sail cloth. It's indestructible. It floats. It has an ingenious secret string tying system that means it won't blow off your head in wind. Cause the ones that go under your chin mean it can still blow forward or backwards around your neck.... It's dark on the underside so it reduces glare. It has a secret velcro tab for holding your sunglasses.(!) There's a secret pocket. It has a 4 page manual.....oh...and it's guaranteed for life and I think if you loose it in the first two years for whatever stupidity, they replace it too.

That's some hat...

http://www.tilley.com/The-T5-Cotton-Duck-Hat.aspx

Just read the features section...

Daggy...yes...practical...VERY....

jb

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                      Don't laugh but I take hats very seriously.
                      No jest, that was, JB! But I like the practical points you made from an operator point of view. Thanks for pointing us to the site - there's such an interesting array of hats! I especially love this comment on their site:
                      TILLEY TALK
                      "Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence.
                      Everybody knows that! "

So that's convinced me to set aside the dollars for a purchase soon! Just imagine - the BMC and the Tilley both arrive on the same day! ( I can dream, can't I?).

Any reason for your preference over the T5 Cotton Duck, as compared to the Organic Cotto Airflo or the Outback? I presume the medium brim is part of the reason.

But you've gone and done it! We'll have photos of dozens of BMC Camera operators with Tilley hats here soon, me included :-)

Comment

Great pics, guys! Love to see you in the future with your BMCC's

Here are a few of me on set ...

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
                          I wear cargo shorts and a light tee to shoots mostly. Comfortable clothes for shooting haha.
                          +1

I wear them to business meeting too (I'm also a Producer). I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea about me.
                          Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

Any reason for your preference over the T5 Cotton Duck, as compared to the Organic Cotto Airflo or the Outback? I presume the medium brim is part of the reason.
                            Um no. That was what they had in the shop at the time i walked in !

jb

Comment

Originally posted by JIKIJI View Post
                              if only i could get my hands on that red
                              Renting a RED would be a good way to get your hands on one! But wait! Do I see a BMC Camera in your hands?
                              Last edited by Sri; 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X