Beyond The Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond The Lens

I love seeing how films and videos are shot or how their sets look with actors, crew, props, gear etc. How about we post some BTS photos (or even video if you have it) to get a glimpse behind the scenes. Would love to see some of your productions outside of the lens.

I've got a bunch from my first narrative shoot this weekend. $100 budget for extra gear (some lights) but we nailed it We used my home made dolly and shoulder rig and some of that good old light from the raging ball of fire in the sky.

We had two miniature fox terriers to keep us company

Here's some frame grabs as it's not finished yet.

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?48...ull=1#post9433
    Last edited by nickjbedford; 07-17-2012, 01:01 AM.

Looks like you had fun! I know you mentioned you'd be shooting the performances at a later date. Are you hoping to shoot them on the BMC or is the time frame frame not likely?
    www.motionplaces.com
    andrewjulian

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
      Looks like you had fun! I know you mentioned you'd be shooting the performances at a later date. Are you hoping to shoot them on the BMC or is the time frame frame not likely?
      Who knows! I'd love to, that's for sure. The narrative was shot at 720p 50fps for 50% slow motion, so I'll be finishing the video in 720p, and the performance will be shot in real time at 1080p, so it'll be a little sharper when it's super-sampled down to 720p.

If I happen to receive mine just after August starts and manage to kit it out for shooting, I'll be sure to aim for that Otherwise, the 60D will be fine for the remaining footage, and I suppose it would be more consistent for the music video if I shot it still with the 60D.

Comment

Little bit restricted with what I can show. But here's some stills form the last shoot. I can't show cast or recognisable locations, so you're basically looking at shots of me and my crew. One day i'll be able to do more !

_DSC7864.jpg

Myself with A camera operator, Geoff Owen.

IMG_1105.jpg

A and B camera setup on the beach. The screens behind are wind breaks for reducing extra long lens shake from the wind.
        Cooke 25-250 and Canon 150-600MK2 Century conversion)

_5310313.jpg

Legendary focus puller Frank Hruby contemplates the build of the B camera.
        (Zeiss MK3 Super Speed)

_5110354.jpg

B camera focus puller Frank Hruby isn't quite sure I know what I'm doing....
        (Cooke 25-250)

_4270360.jpg

Camera with a big lens. (Canon 150-500 MK2 Century conversion)

_GRJ5331.jpg

Humiliating shot of me in a wetsuit and freaky goggles. I trust the interest in the camera in the bag will outweigh the mortification of the subject.

_DSC7961.jpg

A and B camera crew as well as the second unit crew. Three Alexas side by side....

_DSC6726.jpg

Um some funny looking camera. Must be for shooting horses.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]305[/ATTACH]

Humiliating shot of me in a wetsuit and freaky goggles. I trust the interest in the camera in the bag will outweigh the mortification of the subject.
          It's a close tie John

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302[/ATTACH]

Um some funny looking camera. Must be for shooting horses.
          I see what you did there...

And looking good Nick! I saw your grabs on the Lets See Your Stuff page!

Comment

Haha thanks for those John. I love being on set (mostly my own photo shoots up until now) surrounded by talented people. It's not even like working (although I can imagine it would get tiring at times).

The foxie's of the second location kept things interesting

Comment

Love the custom Jeep mount Frank.

Comment

These are from a few Spring Film Group projects and Skipper, which is in post now. Here is an image.

skipper.jpg

and BTS...

400380_306121252758627_1494307372_n.jpg

The next one is from The Promise, a 48 hour film festival movie. You can watch both movies on vimeo at http://www.vimeo.com/reallybadbrad

30246_1295722752429_4273032_n.jpg

The last one is a picture of me and my mentor. He gets crabby if I don't read to him between takes.

154900_108767039194476_7676101_n.jpg
                Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

Great thread!

The beautification process:

Corporate Fun:

Perks of the Job

Comment

Am i the only one who doesn't look the filmmaker part? ^^
                    okay here goes;
                    this is a photo shoot for acting head shots of me that I never actually used so I might as well upload them here.
                    I did edit them for a colder look.
                    bear in mind, I am terrible at modeling though. ^^
                    1.2.jpg1.jpg2.2.jpg2.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Comment

I'm always the one with the camera, so no one ever takes a picture of me.
                      Here are a few pix of the sets, though.

IMG_0256.jpg
                      http://lightpix.tumblr.com

Comment

Reporters.jpg

B camera, reporter shoot.

Blake.jpg

One of our child stars, shot by the set photographer Bill Gray.

EM.jpg

"Weeman" from Jackass and Dave

Green Screen.jpg

Villains in a green screen built in an abandoned barn (it was around 20 degrees that night...)

B-Camera.jpg

The reporter shoot on a motorized dolly, I'm the guy hunched over...

Living Room.jpg

Notice the waterproof shield (trash bag) on the camera and the glass of milk in the actress's hand. hehe

dana.jpg

Our brilliant sound man Dana.

villains.jpg

The villains...

Jeffrey Combs and Weeman were in this movie. It's called "Elf-Man" and was shot on an F3 (slog, 444 for green screen, overcranked for slomo) and a 5D w/ L glass. I was DIT and am now at the tail end of the VFX work for the movie. I'll post some more behind the scenes I took at some point. Cheers!

Comment

Jeffrey Combs is unbelievable. I've only seen him in "The Frighteners" but have never forgotten his work. Hope Elf-Man gets him out in the public eye again.
                          Randy Walters
                          boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Yea, he had the whole crew in hysterics for much of the downtime while we weren't in the heating tents shivering.

Comment

Working...
                            X