Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also the 150W.

Comment

BUT, there seems to be a problem on quality on the SL-200, it tends to be greenish, for sure different from the 100. So it could be a problem to match those:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyiXP-XoAdY

Comment

Originally posted by frank10 View Post
        BUT, there seems to be a problem on quality on the SL-200, it tends to be greenish, for sure different from the 100. So it could be a problem to match those:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyiXP-XoAdY
        The 100w clearly does NOT FLICKER anymore - excellent!

My 200w matches my old early model 100w much better than the two lights in this video do.

Interesting that there is a 150w model now. I will probably look into that one as well.

That's a bummer about the newer 200w models being greenish. Although if you've been following the monolithic LED light technology you'd know that these higher outputs have been VERY hard to get working very well without spending a TON of money. When the GODOX 200w first came out I was not only surprised but also fairly skeptical of it.

I think as a professional lighting device, these monolithic LED heads are superior in many ways to multiple LED panels, and I wish more people were making them, although Aputure and a couple others have recently picked up this format of light pretty seriously, which is great.

Why that PixaPro light is not sold in the USA is a mystery to me. I saw them in use several times on SONS OF ANARCHY.
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
          I think as a professional lighting device, these monolithic LED heads are superior in many ways to multiple LED panels, and I wish more people were making them, although Aputure and a couple others have recently picked up this format of light pretty seriously, which is great.
          Exactly. Me too hope this.

Anyway, at this point I'm more oriented toward the FalconEyes, it seems more quality light and lot of functions. Pity there's no Bowen-s. The Aputure 300 costs too much at this point.

Comment

If you are looking at the 300d, bear in mind that this light fails because of heat issues. If the lamp is angled at 45 degrees or more and at 100% it will fail. So if you need a lamp with those rather simple abilities I would avoid Aputure like the plague. They are completely aware of the issue and offer no fix other than a vague promise about a fix someday...

Caveat Emptor

Comment

Has anyone used the 150, looks like it could be the sweet spot in punch vs potential over heating. Also a good amount cheaper than the 200.

Comment

Originally posted by bscenefilms View Post
                If you are looking at the 300d, bear in mind that this light fails because of heat issues. If the lamp is angled at 45 degrees or more and at 100% it will fail. So if you need a lamp with those rather simple abilities I would avoid Aputure like the plague. They are completely aware of the issue and offer no fix other than a vague promise about a fix someday...

Caveat Emptor

Good to know! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bscenefilms View Post

Caveat Emptor
                  strange peace of information. If only one unit failed this way, It doesn't mean much. And why 45 is relevant, how do you came up to this conclusion?
                  Last edited by core_50; 02-04-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Btw, I shoot 45 deg almost all the time with this light, haven't noticed anything unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by core_50 View Post
                      strange peace of information. If only one unit failed this way, It doesn't mean much. And why 45 is relevant, how do you came up to this conclusion?
                      I found what he meant in the last comments of this topic:
                      https://nofilmschool.com/2017/11/apu...k-and-thats-ok

It seems he refers to V-mount battery when used more than 90% power. Not a hardware light failure, but a "save the lamp for too much heat".

Comment

I found in the USA, this brand:
                        Intellytech
                        https://www.intellytechusa.com/colle...nel-led-lights

It seems to be the same models of the Falcon Eyes.
                        Any info on this? Anyone tried them?
                        Is it a division of Falcon Eyes or is Falcon Eyes that sells/rebrands the Intellytech products?

Comment

Working...
                        X