No announcement yet.

Recommending fluorescents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also buy real Kino Flo tubes for off brand fixtures that have poor quality lamps.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenM View Post
      You can also buy real Kino Flo tubes for off brand fixtures that have poor quality lamps.
      Hey thats not a bad idea. Do you have any links to off-brand fixtures that could work, or are they normal florescent fixtures?

Comment

Look up Cowboy Studio for biax flo units. Duals for well under $200, quads cheap as well. I own a couple and they're surprisingly tough.

The guys posting about work lights - if you want tungsten in your kit, keep an eye out for rectangular open-faced lights with barn doors. They're a popular theatrical fixture. Many of them take the shop light (skinny, pencil-shape double ended) bulbs, which are available from 100 to 1k and they re-lamp quickly, and those globes are cheap as heck. L&E, Mole, and Colortran show up on line often. Little workhorses.

Comment

Shop lights are not ideal, but if you are starting and on a budget, they are not THAT bad, with some frost and gels in front.
          I wonder why they got such a bad rap. They are not that much different from Lowels or some Arri open faces (light quality wise).
          And yeah, they don't have barn doors and non standard mounting hardware, but with some flags and grip you can work around that, till you can afford something better.

Frank
          Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

somebody had some portable coollights but non dimmable
            would adding a dimmer be possible?
            www.lightformfilm.com
            https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Working...
            X