• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak preview: BMPCC4K ergonomic Bluetooth grip

*** UPDATE ***
    Pre-order page is now live:
    https://www.elementgear.eu/product-c...kmagic-design/

There's a introduction video linked in the product page for more information.

Allright folks, I have some good news. In a couple of weeks I will launch a pre-order page for a BMPCC4K ergonomic Bluetooth grip! I've teamed up with Csaba Nagy to create a rec/stop triggered grip that will connect to the BMPCC4K via bluetooth. It's powered through a LEMO plug on the bottom of the grip (customer can choose D-Tap, USB, USB-C, DC for the other end).

What you get:
    - Rec/stop functionality for the BMPCC4K in a sleek package;
    - Wireless connected to the BMPCC4K (but you need a power cord);
    - Can use with a gimbal as well, as long as it's within a few meters and you can power the grip;
    - The grip itself is super comfortable made of walnut wood in the style of Aaton / ErgoCine / Kinogrip / Movigrip;
    - Finished with beeswax/linseed oil for a comfortable hold (1000 times more comfortable to hold than lacquered grips - which most Chinese grips are);
    - Available in 2 sizes;
    - Available with long or short "support" piece;
    - Available as a LEFT or RIGHT hand grip;
    - As means of warranty / service I will exchange the microchip for free (in the first year, and after that for cost price).

You can check out my other designs at http://www.elementgear.eu so you know what you can expect. In the second attached (mockup) picture you will see an aluminium plate with the rosette that will house the microcontroller. It's still in the design stage, but you'll get an idea what to expect.

Price will be around € 400 or so. Availability will be EXTREMELY limited (max. 25 pieces) as they are all CNC machined in tiny batched at a local fablab, and finished by hand. Each grip takes me multiple hours to make and they are all made with lots of love

If you're interested please keep on the lookout here on this site, or PM me so you're the first to get the pre-order link. After the pre-order period (probably two weeks) the grips are made and shipped within a month or so.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ruben de Boer; 05-31-2019, 01:42 AM.

400? Lol Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper90s View Post
      400? Lol Goodluck
      Having a laugh seeing the price....

Comment

Seems appropriate for a custom sized, hand-crafted grip for a niche use like a camera with luxury in mind. Blackmagic isn't the only manufacturer this is made for. You have to remember it's not mass produced, he takes your hand measurements and makes one to fit you.

A little wooden assistant's box can cost that much.
        Last edited by GeranSimpson; 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Nice looking product and badly needed! I personally wouldn't pay more that $100 US for it though. Best of luck with it, hope it catches on!

Comment

This is cool and all, but there are some nice handles like this already with lanc, sucks that they left it off this camera, but maybe a better project would be a simple box that converts lanc to Bluetooth.

Comment

Ruben, I have been designing custom cabinets and furniture taking them through manufacturing to delivery for 35+ years. You price is very very fair. Just wanted you to know. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                maybe a better project would be a simple box that converts lanc to Bluetooth.
                oh! yes pls! I already have a really nice Wooden Camera wooden side handle with the LANC trigger box. Just a box that sends BT on/off would be perfect. oh! also would that work on the Tilta Nucleus N controller?
                Last edited by tmronin; 05-22-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all the wonderful programming work by Csaba Nagy we now have 4 products to choose from with Bluetooth connectivity:

Trigger Box
                  Nucleus Nano controller
                  Wooden grip
                  Wooden sphere

All 4 pre-order pages are now open:
                  https://ble4k.com/
                  https://www.elementgear.eu/product-c...kmagic-design/

I'm especially proud of the wooden sphere which looks like a UFO or something from a submarine. There's also an introduction video linked in the product page.

Comment

Hi Ruben,

Congratulations for the hard work!

Question about a potential custom order: do you think it would be possible to fit the electronics into a Wooden Camera Trigger Box (which is made for their wooden handle) or into a custom 3D print small enough to replace it in their handle?
                    https://woodencamera.com/products/wo...ip-trigger-box

Thanks

Theo Ribeiro

Comment

Originally posted by theorib View Post
                      Hi Ruben,

Congratulations for the hard work!

Question about a potential custom order: do you think it would be possible to fit the electronics into a Wooden Camera Trigger Box (which is made for their wooden handle) or into a custom 3D print small enough to replace it in their handle?
                      https://woodencamera.com/products/wo...ip-trigger-box

Thanks
                      Thanks!

It seems the measurements on the Wooden Camera website are incorrect. What are the dimensions of the box?
                      A custom made box that can be attached to their handle can be done for sure

It's best to send me an e-mail through my contact form, so I can centralize my communications a bit and respond ASAP to you.

Comment

These are hot man! and the price is super fair. People forget that they are buying cinema products.
                        Martin Yernazian
                        www.imdb.com/name/nm2270693/
                        instagram.com/martinyernazian/
                        Director/Producer
                        www.atorrantefilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruben de Boer View Post
                          Thanks!

It seems the measurements on the Wooden Camera website are incorrect. What are the dimensions of the box?
                          A custom made box that can be attached to their handle can be done for sure

It's best to send me an e-mail through my contact form, so I can centralize my communications a bit and respond ASAP to you.
                          had a couple minutes and own a Wooden Camera wooden handle and trigger box...here you go!

Triggerbox01.jpg

Triggerbox02.jpg

Comment

Hi folks,

I wanted to give you a heads-up. The firmware (made by the wonderful Csaba Nagy) is complete and I will start shipping the Bluetooth "Trigger Boxes" and grips to the early bird customers this week.

Orders for the first summer batch are open until this Sunday (June 30th). So if you are interested in a Bluetooth "Trigger Box", sphere or grip, don't forget to order yours! �� You will receive yours in 2-3 weeks.

Website is: https://www.elementgear.eu/product-c...kmagic-design/

Comment

Originally posted by tmronin View Post
                              had a couple minutes and own a Wooden Camera wooden handle and trigger box...here you go!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28051[/ATTACH]
                              For some reasons the images don't show. I'll PM you to exchange email. That talks way faster :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X