Sachtler DV12SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sachtler DV12SB

Anyone have experience of the Sachtler DV12SB here? I tried the FSB8 yesterday and it just held up my rigged UMP (10kg) but I think more headroom is a good idea.

The 12 is quite a bit lighter than the 18 which should make it better for travel - is the 5+5 enough?

The DV12sb can support 15kg according to the website so you should have some decent wiggle room for other kit. Not heard of a 5+5 do you mean 7+7?

Comment

Originally posted by GeranSimpson View Post
      The DV12sb can support 15kg according to the website so you should have some decent wiggle room for other kit. Not heard of a 5+5 do you mean 7+7?
      DV12 head only has 5 steps of drag on pan and tilt, unlike the 15 and 18 which have 7. The FSB8 also has 5 steps of drag, and it barely felt like enough, although I don't know if drag on the 75mm heads is the same as on the 100mm, since the latter are designed for more weight.

Comment

Sounds like the choice is clear then Personally I would be looking at video 18 and 20, 7+7. but it depends on your budget.

Why not visit a rental house that has a few of these and compare them with your rig?

Personally I would avoid 75mm heads. Stick with 100mm. 75mm is for compact systems. The UMP is far from compact.

Comment

Working...
        X