DIY Speed Rail Dolly Slider For large Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Speed Rail Dolly Slider For large Cameras

Just finished building this setup for my Ursa. Total cost was around $150 and it is very solid and smooth rolling. It handles the big Ursa no problem. Built this for doing a friends low budget horror movie. It also has 10' rails setup. This is only 5'. The tripod head not included in the price.
    Attached Files

Nicely done. Love the DJ style Speaker Stands. Very practical.

Comment

Looks good! Though the stands look wobbly. But I see why you would use them.
      www.instagram.com/vautksch

Comment

Originally posted by Rotbart View Post
        Looks good! Though the stands look wobbly. But I see why you would use them.
        Thanks! The stands are actually quite stable and strong with some reinforcement. I had doubts myself when I decided to give them a try. I cut the tubes down to make it lower and used adjustable pipe clamps at critical points. The cross bars are securely bolted onto the speaker mounts and epoxied onto the vertical tubes. If their was more money in the movie budget I probably would have used different stands, but these seem to do the job nicely so far. The dolly platform itself is super strong and made wide enough so you get no chance of tipping with a bigger camera.

Comment

What did you use to mount the wheels to the deck?
          Looks bangin, I'm working somethng up in CAD right now similar.
          Dory Breaux
          Filmmaker/Photographer
          www.dorybreaux.com

Comment

Working...
          X