No announcement yet.

Everything I shouldn't do with the BMPCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to tell from that still image but that seems more like lens softness rather then then a shutter angle problem. I've shot material on a 360 degree shutter and it looked just fine.

I've done similar work shooting live performances in low light on my old Nikons and this looks exactly like what happens when I shoot wide open.

Comment

Also should be noted, it's hard as hell to hit focus on a moving, non-planned target at f/2. I'm not saying you didn't hit it, can't tell in that still, but when your focal plane is something so small and its out of your control, you're gonna have a rough time regardless of all the other settings.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenInfinityProductions View Post
        It's hard to tell from that still image but that seems more like lens softness rather then then a shutter angle problem. I've shot material on a 360 degree shutter and it looked just fine.

I've done similar work shooting live performances in low light on my old Nikons and this looks exactly like what happens when I shoot wide open.
        I'm going to upload an image where the ghosting is more prominent... I'm just out of town and away from my Resolve system but will be back late tonight (PST zone).

Comment

Originally posted by pinko View Post
          Also should be noted, it's hard as hell to hit focus on a moving, non-planned target at f/2. I'm not saying you didn't hit it, can't tell in that still, but when your focal plane is something so small and its out of your control, you're gonna have a rough time regardless of all the other settings.
          Yeah, if that was a Canon C100 I was using, I would have increase the ISO can close down the aperture to about a f/4 to hit focus and kept the shutter angle at 180 to avoid the ghosting since it is pretty good in low light. The lens, well, yeah, those older lens like the one I used here added the softness. As I said, I did things I shouldn't have but due to lighting and equipment circumstances I just risk it because I didn't have another shot at it.

Comment

If you're trying to make it easier to focus f4 wont do it, dof on the C100 at f4 is the same as the pocket at f2. Now you don't have to make that mistake as well. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Roll View Post
              If you're trying to make it easier to focus f4 wont do it, dof on the C100 at f4 is the same as the pocket at f2. Now you don't have to make that mistake as well. Good Luck.
              Good to know Howie. I said "IF" since I don't have a C100 so the f4 was more of an approximation for me. I should have said I would close down the aperture to where it can have manageable focus.

Comment

Working...
              X