X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer new 32' round soft 1k equiv. LED panel

Title says it all.

This was posted over at DVXUser.

It's a 32" soft (no multiple shadows) bi-color, battery capable, 1k through a chimera equivalent, fully dimmable, round FLAT, (did I mention FLAT?) LED panel.

It costs $1,000 USD.

I think it looks insanely useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NCoQOX9hY
    Last edited by DPStewart; 11-18-2015, 02:58 PM.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

That looks extremely good!

Comment

i like that guy, very professional.
      and i love the design of the light, though my practice is to always just have full daylight leds, they are brighter because of not needing the bulbs to change to tungsten. then i gel the actual light to make varying degrees of tungsten, i find it much truer, especially when you have to dim.
      so i wonder if they make an all daylight one.
      what a great eye light that thing can be on exteriors too!

Comment

Equivalent to a 1K Tungsten shot through a Chimera that is.

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
          Equivalent to a 1K Tungsten shot through a Chimera that is.
          Good catch - he said that in the review.
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
            Title says it all.
            Title says "Killer new 32' round soft 1k equiv. LED panel".

So I'm thinking, 1k equiv for a 32 foot diameter light isn't really such a big deal.

All kidding aside, I can't wait for LED's to come into their own (still a little harsh and green) - the money saved on electricity and on-set AC would be HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by UTR-Labs View Post
              Title says "Killer new 32' round soft 1k equiv. LED panel".

So I'm thinking, 1k equiv for a 32 foot diameter light isn't really such a big deal.

All kidding aside, I can't wait for LED's to come into their own (still a little harsh and green) - the money saved on electricity and on-set AC would be HUGE.
              No, it's really 32-feet. The man in the video review is 67-feet tall.

At least I didn't give us an 18-inch tall Stonehenge.

Comment

i cant even find this on the fotodiox website

Comment

When he compared it against the sun it looked real green. But without that as a comparison it looked good. I like how methodical his process was. Very nice to see. My thing with this light would be controlling spill.
                  Darren Scott
                  Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

actually its weird, he says fotodiox on his video, but on the ebay auction its called something else and i cant find it on the fotodiox site, but there is an all daylight version.
                    yeah, its not the kind of lighting you care about fill, it's mainly for a frontal fashion wash type lighting situation, like a briese would do.

Comment

Fotodiox calls them flapjacks maybe because they look like big pancakes. Essentially just bigger cheaper Rosco Litepads.

Comment

Came makes one too for 200 dollars less: http://www.came-tv.com/cametv-c1500s...ght-p-751.html

I was thinking about a smaller version (18" - http://www.came-tv.com/cametv-c700d-...ght-p-748.html), which takes Sony NP-batteries rather than V-mounts. Looks so useful.
                        http://www.thedreamers.nl/en

Comment

ha, its CRAZY now a days when there is one product with different distributers calling it different things in a range of prices.

though i guess the truest leds ive ever used is the cineo leds, they make a "matchbox" for about 400 bucks that is pretty small and it was as bright as a 650w fresnel, but soft.
                          Last edited by JLdp; 11-19-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                            At least I didn't give us an 18-inch tall Stonehenge.
                            These go to eleven.
                            Blackmagic Design
                            My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                              These go to eleven.
                              They sure seem to.

Bring on the dwarfs!

Comment

Working...
                              X