New Budget Duel FollowFocus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Budget Duel FollowFocus

Hmmmm, wonder when we'll see the first review?

http://www.lensse.com/lensse-s3-dual-follow-focus/

At that special price, it's hard to pass up. There's been some pretty decent FF come out recently bellow $200 with little to no backlash.
    Last edited by vicharris; 04-11-2015, 07:37 PM.

I just find it hard to believe in a follow focus that aims high but is a tenth of the price of comparable models. Would love to try it though.

Comment

Dual*

Comment

I was actually in the market for a FF in this price range so I bit the bullet and ordered one. If I hate it I should be able to live with it as long as it works reasonably well.

Comment

Best of luck and please do report on your findings!

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
            I was actually in the market for a FF in this price range so I bit the bullet and ordered one. If I hate it I should be able to live with it as long as it works reasonably well.
            Please let us know how it handles, PeopleCanFly. Especially the build. My only issue with it is the lack of a swing away arm. But at that price it certainly is attractive.
            Doménico G. Travano
            www.toucan-media.com

Comment

Was toying with the idea of finally buying a nice follow focus, despite my lanparte working just ok enough. But looks like I'll put off the O'Connor for a bit and try this out....

Since I'm using old Zeiss standard mount lenses, which are very small I'm concerned (as I was with the OConnor Dual Mini) of the gear actually reaching my lenses. Ill report back a review once I get this in the mail.
              Last edited by robmneilson; 01-09-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I'm really tempted to but my buddy from Hollywood Camera just pointed out something. The fixed gear position might be a problem for lenses with smaller ODs. There's always a compromise but it looks fine for Roks and and lenses with Seans custom gears on it.

If anyone is on contact with the seller, can you ask them how long this special will last?

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                  I'm really tempted to but my buddy from Hollywood Camera just pointed out something. The fixed gear position might be a problem for lenses with smaller ODs. There's always a compromise but it looks fine for Roks and and lenses with Seans custom gears on it.

If anyone is on contact with the seller, can you ask them how long this special will last?
                  Very well will be a problem, I've been doing alot of research into the O'Connor DM (which is the same design) and many folks said they can not use their Leica's with it due to the size. Id imagine you could buy a larger gear for it as well...but that may end up messing with the degrees of rotation and m aking a photo lens throw even shorter.

Comment

I await the report from you early adopters
                    Darren Scott
                    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                      I await the report from you early adopters
                      Wait, how's your duel one working? You got that great deal on the red one a few months ago.

Comment

Anyone actual get a confirmed order yet?

Comment

I have a confirmed order. Hopefully I'll get tracking info either tomorrow or the day after. I probably won't get my hands on it until the end of the week since they're based in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
                            I have a confirmed order. Hopefully I'll get tracking info either tomorrow or the day after. I probably won't get my hands on it until the end of the week since they're based in Turkey.
                            Thanks man. If you could let us know when you get it and the backlash that would be great. I'm going to try and figure out how long the sale goes.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                              Wait, how's your duel one working? You got that great deal on the red one a few months ago.
                              I didn't get the dual version. There was an issue with the dampening grease used in mine. The manufacturer had apparently changed the type of grease used and it was not allowing the ff to turn as smooth. So i sent it back and with my feedback they changed back to the older version of the dampening grease they were using before. However at the time it wasn't convenient to get the replacement because of import costs I didn't feel like paying (getting raped) so I told them to give me a refund for the time being. However i loved everything about that follow focus and was gonna buy it back eventually , the dual version this time around though, so when this dual version came up now it sparked my interest. Coincidentally I just had a shoot a couple days ago that a dual FF would have been very useful.
                              Last edited by jambredz; 02-01-2015, 12:36 AM.
                              Darren Scott
                              Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Working...
                              X