• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. I got same e-mail

Comment

• It just shipped. Let's see how it performs when it gets here

Comment

• It's made out of plastic and is clearly a product from the first run. I'm contacting support about some issues noted below.

It's heavy and solid, gives a nice impression and looks pretty good. It's made of durable plastic with a bunch of metal parts, including all the internal parts or parts that will be clamped hard. The focusing gears can easily be moved to the front or the back depending on how compact your rig is. The marker discs come off easily and have an indentation for easy alignment, but have a somewhat "rough" surface that makes whiteboard color stick more than necessary. You can rotate the marking disc covers with the focus marker as you want. They're made from a somewhat flimsy plastic. I also bought a speed crank and another marking disk for cheap and they feel good. The crank handle is made out of metal.

The FF came in the "wrong" box, made for another product.
        It lacked the thumbscrew to attach the FF unit to the 15mm rails so I put an M4 screw and use a wrench to tighten it for now. A manufacturing omission.
        The unit has play when you put the focusing gears on the front of the unit. The other side one seems solid. EDIT: It has play on both sides.
        Some plastic parts (marker disc covers) won't last 20 years.

IMG_5370.jpgexample.jpgIMG_5375.jpgIMG_5385.jpgIMG_5381.jpg

Here's a video showing the play and features.

I'll probably use it.
        Last edited by MatsHelgesson; 06-23-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Agree with Mat. I received E5 few days ago. It's is made of very hard plastic machined nicely. Liked handles and the way they made wheels and marking discs. Very little play on the gear. ( no more than ff5 lol) We will use it in our studio shoots and see how it performs. Generally the products is Ok. However I liked S5 more since it is all metal constructed and just checked E5 price up $249 and S5 still $299

Comment

• It's been a little while since anyone has posted. Is everyone still satisfied with their S5?
            Last edited by Herb; 08-11-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Mines all good. It's holding up so far. People don't post much when things work well

Comment

• My marking disc has gotten loose. It almost spins freely now, which messes up focus marks. Nothing some tape to snug it up won't fix. No biggie.

As far as the rest of the unit, it's working perfectly fine.
                Aaron Lochert

Comment

• I have the S5 and unfortunately it failed 1st day when used on a heavy lens. I have not taken it a apart to confirm but it feels like there is an internal gear that is made out of plastic that got stripped and no longer fully catches. If I try and use it now the gears grab but slip with any force and will no longer work on a lens that has any resistance at all. In fairness to the S5 the lens is a monster and while very smooth to focus does have a heavy dampening and takes more force than most lenses would. I am sure it would have been fine for most lenses out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                    My marking disc has gotten loose. It almost spins freely now, which messes up focus marks. Nothing some tape to snug it up won't fix. No biggie.

As far as the rest of the unit, it's working perfectly fine.
                    Hi, I got so many of Lensse FF. and S5 is such a great unit. However need some setups some times as other equipments. For example my marking disc was free spining then I fix it up. There is a setscrew on making disk if you fasten it then I wil be fixed and no more spins freely.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbaran View Post
                      Hi, I got so many of Lensse FF. and S5 is such a great unit. However need some setups some times as other equipments. For example my marking disc was free spining then I fix it up. There is a setscrew on making disk if you fasten it then I wil be fixed and no more spins freely.
                      Oh wow, I feel like an idiot! I looked right at that set screw, but from the underside only. I saw what looked to be a ball bearing and assumed it was just press fit in there to snug up the ring.

Thanks for the comment otherwise I would have assumed the ring was just over-sized.
                      Aaron Lochert

Comment

• Wow, Just Got Email
                        S5 Duel FF Price 199usd,
                        Singe side upgrade-able to duel version 149usd

http://www.lensse.com/lensse-s5-dual-follow-focus/

Comment

• New version single sided Lensse S5 at 149US

can be upgrade to dual..

http://www.lensse.com/lensse-s5-dual...e-focus-wheel/

Comment

• using great VALUE FOR THE MONEY

Comment

• I just got the Lensse as well. I'm wondering what gear ring you guys use in conjunction with it?

Comment

• using 15mm rods ..60 mm center distance between rods

Comment

Working...
                                X