New Budget Duel FollowFocus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    thanks this looks great! was planning to buy the upcoming arm extension from Lensse anyway so the price isn't all that different. can you use the same wheel on either side? or do they only fit specifically to the side they're made for?
    Hey Zak...I haven't upgraded mine to the dual sides as yet as I was waiting on my smallhd 502 monitor (which I should get in about a week) to be used as an AC monitor. So I don't really know, however you can email Wayne Kinney (sales@shoot35.com) and he can answer any questions you may have. They also have real good customer service.

You can check out a review of it here on REDuser (post #69) in a thread about it.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...5+follow+focus

Don't wanna steer the thread off topic 2 much but just trying to help you out. As we were...Lensse.
    Last edited by jambredz; 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

• Originally posted by AshokVardhan View Post
      New model E5 (Full Sized Dual Follow Focus) available now starting at $149, this one looks even more impressive: http://www.lensse.com/lensse-e5-dual-follow-focus/

Oh what the frickin' frick frack is that? I just dropped $300+ for the S5, and now they drop a supposed more impressive one for half the price? Who do they think they are, Blackmagic?

Comment

• What makes this new one better?
        Darren Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by jambredz View Post
          What makes this new one better?
          It's not better Darren. Same guts. The guy who posted the new E5 just speculated.

Comment

• Upon closer inspection of the three units I have, the problem I'm having with the last two seems not to do with the orientation of the driveshaft, but how the 42T gear attaches to it.

1. One my first unit, everything attached perfectly, but there was substantial backlash.
            2. On the second unit there was no backlash, but the 42T gear spun with an offset.
            3. On the third unit, the 42T gear spins with on offset when mounted on the rear side of the gearbox, but aligns perfectly on the front side.

No matter how i try, the 42T gear will not sit in line with the driveshaft on certain mounting points. it hangs over by a noticeable amount creating a ridge. seems pretty clear this is the cause of the off-centered rotation. sent pics and details to Lensse. their engineers are looking into it.

DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
            THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

• Originally posted by jambredz View Post
              What makes this new one better?
              The focus knobs (which are unfortunately fixed to the drive shaft on the E5) are much bigger, something that seriously lacked in the S5, making it very inconvenient to operate, especially since I use Canon cine lenses with 300 degree focus rotation, unlike still lenses. Lensse definitely are iterating in the right direction. If they continue at this rate, with support of customers, in a short span of time I am confident they will be releasing really impressive products into the market at a fraction of what their nearest competitors, of premium quality, are worth.

If the drive shaft & gear wheel shaft are changed to a stronger metal (like steel) rather than aluminum (which is a soft and easily malleable metal) that has a reduced life, it will dramatically improve the durability of the follow focus.
              Last edited by AshokVardhan; 05-10-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• maybe they will release a larger knob (same as the E5) that can be attached to the s5 as an add on option.
                Darren Scott

Comment

• Damit - now I want an E5
                  Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I'll have an E5 in a couple weeks to check it out.

Comment

• Lensse's customer service sounds second to none. Unfortunately, consistency seems to be a problem. I was considering this option a few weeks back but decided to spend a little more for a shoot35 cine focus, the same one mentioned by Darren. Not in the same price range but not overpriced like others. No backlash, smoother than most budget follow focuses out there, and the swing arm is crazy convenient. Machining is top notch, as I've always come to expect by Shoot35 since the SGpro days. Anyway, not to get into a debate since this thread is about lensse but for others out there who are in the market for one, the cine focus is absolutely worth the price and shoot35 has some pretty awesome customer service as well.

Comment

• Damn It. E5.. $149 really crazy.. I pulled the trigger ordered 2 pcs E5. The body looks same with S5 that I am happy with. The price really amazing, just a gear prize of arri ff5.

Comment

• Just so everyone is aware when ordering the new model: E5 - The focus knobs are NOT detachable
                          Last edited by AshokVardhan; 05-12-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• . Sure about that ? Their description * Positional Indicator ( Rotates 360 degree freely )

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbaran View Post
                              . Sure about that ? Their description * Positional Indicator ( Rotates 360 degree freely )
                              ***NO Removable Hand Wheels (from the description on the webpage) I also asked this question specifically on their facebook page, and the answer was not in the affirmative.

Comment

Working...
                              X