• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You F...ng People!!!

I bought one too!!!!! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by vicharris View Post
      Just insane customer service eh?
      I have to agree wholeheartedly, Lensse's customer service response is "insanely" great!….An amazing company that really does listen to it's customers and respond quickly with solutions if / when they may be needed. Somewhat of a rarity these days.
      I initially bought the S3 FF about a couple of months or more ago, about when they first came out. I found some things wanting from it, namely the almost impossible to use locking screws plus a few other relatively minor things that I didn't like…..So I dropped Lensse a note and within an HOUR I got a really constructive reply from them. We went back and forth for about a week then I had to drop the contact when I went on a shoot in Australia for the rest on that month. When I came back Lensse emailed me again saying that they'd made a number of improvements on the S3 design and sure enough just last week I'd swapped out the S3 for the S5. A very much improved piece of kit.
      There's still one oddity that I think should be resolved and that is the focus wheel on the "assistant's" side of the camera has no marking disk or witness a mark so the AC pulling from that side has to refer to the lens marks, not a FF's witness disk…..That's a strange omission, but one that could be resolved if it really bothered you by purchasing a second "master" FF wheel, ( as per the "operator's side" of the F5 ), or simply switching sides with the focus wheels.
      I bought this unit to use on my Ikonoskop rig and the GH4 rig I have, however it's not the only FF I have. I also own both single and a double sided Chroszeil FF units as well as an Arri double sided FF that I use on my larger film and S35 digital cameras but they were proving too big to use comfortably on the smaller camera rigs. This is where the Lensse S3 and S5 came in and really solved that problem very well indeed. Great units indeed.
      I hear there's a rumor that Lensse will add a swing in/out gear arm to the S5, if so I'll be first in line if that's an upgradable / add on part!

Comment

• Peter,

Does your master FF wheel fit on the dumb side? I haven't tried with my S5, but it DID NOT fit on the other side in my S3 model. Hopefully that's something that they fixed for the S5.

Comment

• yes you can swap wheels on either side of the S5.
          DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
          THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

• Originally posted by petermullett View Post
            I have to agree wholeheartedly, Lensse's customer service response is "insanely" great!….An amazing company that really does listen to it's customers and respond quickly with solutions if / when they may be needed. Somewhat of a rarity these days.
            I initially bought the S3 FF about a couple of months or more ago, about when they first came out. I found some things wanting from it, namely the almost impossible to use locking screws plus a few other relatively minor things that I didn't like…..So I dropped Lensse a note and within an HOUR I got a really constructive reply from them. We went back and forth for about a week then I had to drop the contact when I went on a shoot in Australia for the rest on that month. When I came back Lensse emailed me again saying that they'd made a number of improvements on the S3 design and sure enough just last week I'd swapped out the S3 for the S5. A very much improved piece of kit.
            There's still one oddity that I think should be resolved and that is the focus wheel on the "assistant's" side of the camera has no marking disk or witness a mark so the AC pulling from that side has to refer to the lens marks, not a FF's witness disk…..That's a strange omission, but one that could be resolved if it really bothered you by purchasing a second "master" FF wheel, ( as per the "operator's side" of the F5 ), or simply switching sides with the focus wheels.
            I bought this unit to use on my Ikonoskop rig and the GH4 rig I have, however it's not the only FF I have. I also own both single and a double sided Chroszeil FF units as well as an Arri double sided FF that I use on my larger film and S35 digital cameras but they were proving too big to use comfortably on the smaller camera rigs. This is where the Lensse S3 and S5 came in and really solved that problem very well indeed. Great units indeed.
            I hear there's a rumor that Lensse will add a swing in/out gear arm to the S5, if so I'll be first in line if that's an upgradable / add on part!
            Hey Peter, glad you like it but maybe read through the thread and many of your concerns would be answered. As Zak states, yes you can switch the knobs. Pretty easy. You can buy another marking disk. Lensse even mentions that on their site and yes, they have an arm coming. There's a picture here and you will be able to purchase it separately. Think they have ratios figured out and we should see something soon.

So to sum it up, no oddities.

Comment

• Now it is my primary FF, Feel really good using it, it is zero backlash that very rare among the other duel follow focuses even the most expensive ones. The ratios just perfect for me wit 42T drive gear. I have been using S5 a month with glass 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. Looking forward to see the extension arm soon.

Comment

• Now it is my primary FF, Feel really good using it, it is zero backlash that very rare among the other duel follow focuses even the most expensive ones. The ratios just perfect for me with 42T drive gear. I have been using S5 a month with glasses 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. Looking forward to see the extension arm soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                  Hey Peter, glad you like it but maybe read through the thread and many of your concerns would be answered. As Zak states, yes you can switch the knobs. Pretty easy. You can buy another marking disk. Lensse even mentions that on their site and yes, they have an arm coming. There's a picture here and you will be able to purchase it separately. Think they have ratios figured out and we should see something soon.

So to sum it up, no oddities.
                  Again, I have to agree with everyone here. This is a fine piece of kit and a great company making it.
                  I still would like to be able to have the "primary" wheel on both sides of the FF, so will probably contact Lensse to see if I can buy another separately. To put another marking disk on the "other side" will not work because there's no indicator to set the witness marks too….or have I missed something? Wouldn't be the first time!
                  One question Vic, I couldn't find the picture of the proposed "arm". Can you re-post with a link?
                  Many thanks…..

Comment

• Originally posted by petermullett View Post
                    Again, I have to agree with everyone here. This is a fine piece of kit and a great company making it.
                    I still would like to be able to have the "primary" wheel on both sides of the FF, so will probably contact Lensse to see if I can buy another separately. To put another marking disk on the "other side" will not work because there's no indicator to set the witness marks too….or have I missed something? Wouldn't be the first time!
                    One question Vic, I couldn't find the picture of the proposed "arm". Can you re-post with a link?
                    Many thanks…..

I'm sure you can buy another primary wheel. I can't see that being a problem at all.

As for the arm, I posted some pics deep in this thread somewhere. I didn't realize how big it's gotten! Anyways, it's been modified so don't worry about those early pics though they're in there somewhere. As soon as they send me some new ones I'll update it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by robmneilson View Post
                      Love the new version, but unfortunately my set of Sony lenses are TOO BIG and hit the bridge of the follow focus. So it looks like the S5 will be relegated to my B-camera.

Really impressed by their customer service and speedy design changes.
                      Well as we've all been saying here Lensse is extremely responsive to their customers / users, so why not take a photograph of the rig with one of your Sony lenses and shoot that off to them? Given their present amazing record of addressing design and other concerns I think they'd like to know of this problem and who knows they may well come up with a future solution.

PS. Added a couple of photographs here to show the Lensse FF on my Ikonoskop DII, ( apologies that it's not a BM camera, my BM Micro is on order! ). It's a great unit for smaller rigs.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by petermullett; 04-27-2015, 03:22 AM. Reason: Photo's added

Comment

• I got mine today... very impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AshokVardhan
                          I have the NEW S5 version for sale if anyone is interested. I paid $358 new for (Follow Focus, Extra Marking Disc, Extra Large Gear & Speed Crank) comes in a carry case. NEW, UNUSED condition. Will sell for $300 (Shipping extra: less than $15 for expedited shipping within the U.S.)
                          May I ask why are you selling?

Comment

• If anyone on this thread has an email address for someone at Lensse, please PM it to me. Thanks!
                            Stephen Mick
                            Creative Director
                            UPG Video
                            www.upgvideo.com

Check out the DVXUser Facebook page atůhttps://www.facebook.com/dvxuser
                            And the DVXUser Vimeo Channel atůhttps://vimeo.com/channels/558731

Comment

• Gents,

Thanks for helping me get in touch with Lensse. After a few emails back and forth, they've graciously agreed to provide us with an S5 Follow Focus as a prize for the "SpotFest" we've got going on right now! More info here…

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?13...reMelt-Aputure!)

They said they value the feedback they're hearing from you guys here, and they're constantly using what they learn to make their gear better. So good on all of you for helping make that happen.

And big thanks to Lensse for helping support the fest!
                              Stephen Mick
                              Creative Director
                              UPG Video
                              www.upgvideo.com

Check out the DVXUser Facebook page atůhttps://www.facebook.com/dvxuser
                              And the DVXUser Vimeo Channel atůhttps://vimeo.com/channels/558731

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Mick View Post
                                Gents,

Thanks for helping me get in touch with Lensse. After a few emails back and forth, they've graciously agreed to provide us with an S5 Follow Focus as a prize for the "SpotFest" we've got going on right now! More info here…

http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?13...reMelt-Aputure!)

They said they value the feedback they're hearing from you guys here, and they're constantly using what they learn to make their gear better. So good on all of you for helping make that happen.

And big thanks to Lensse for helping support the fest!
                                Good news. Love these guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X