High CRI bulbs - YUJI LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High CRI bulbs - YUJI LED

Was looking to buy some daylight balanced high CRI bulbs, and came across these lights.

These look interesting, unfortunately it seems they are sold out:
    http://store.yujiintl.com/collection...i-led-bulb-10w
    http://store.yujiintl.com/collection...led-light-bulb

Only the 3200k is available right now.

Anyone got some experience with them?

What daylight bulbs are you guys using? I have a bunch of somewhat low CRI bulbs and looking to upgrade them for a shoot next week.
    Last edited by Unknown; 12-04-2014, 12:47 PM.

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread here with these lights. Did you do a search first? If it's not here, maybe PV. Good reviews but shipping is a little crazy for a light bulb.

Comment

I think their remote phosphor bulbs are interesting, but the output is kinda low - 420LM doesn't cut it.
      900ish would nice though.

The LED bulbs I tested so far, all have ether a green or magenta tint to them, whereby the overall spectrum isn't actually THAT bad at all.
      Better than most ESL/flou bulbs I have tried.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if my spectroscope works on LED in the first place - they almost look too good to be true.
      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...ith-bmpcc-bmcc

This just kind of came up. The PV link is in there but we were trying out other LED products mainly. As Frank said, the output is kind of low. Great for fill and soft lighting, mainly at night but harder to key with. The ribbon stuff is great for car interior night shots though.

Comment

Thanks guys, I needed some for fill. Just bought that remote phosphor bulb and see how it goes. Otherwise I'll grab some kino flo's True Match® 26W CFL's.

Interesting read on PV btw, thanks!
          Last edited by Unknown; 12-04-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown View Post
            Thanks guys, I needed some for fill. Just bought that remote phosphor bulb and see how it goes. Otherwise I'll grab some kino flo's True Match® 26W CFL's.

Interesting read on PV btw, thanks!
            No problem man. We were trying to recreate those cool battery powered china balls but I got myself banned from PV so I think it kind of ended.

Comment

vic,

Seems like everyone gets banned over there at some point

So you were cool with the color, just not the output?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                vic,

Seems like everyone gets banned over there at some point

So you were cool with the color, just not the output?
                Why don't we take this over to the thread about the tape LEDs? Might as well try to keep it all together

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                  ... but I got myself banned from PV so I think it kind of ended.
                  I'm working on getting banned from the RED forum in the moment
                  Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just ordered two, I'm curious how they look. Getting tired of pink skin tones from Halogen bulbs...

Comment

I bought two 10W 3200K LED bulbs. Nice color reproduction. A slight magenta shift and the 3200K was more like 3350. Instant on. Big and slightly heavy bulb compared to others (see image compared to an IKEA light of the same output). The shipping was $25 and they were delivered promptly and safely packaged.

Now.. IKEA sells LEDARE LED lights for a fourth of the price of these. I tried the 6.3W 400lm lights (roughly the same output as the YUJI). They are 2650-2700K and have no magenta/green shift. Instant on. CRI of >87. Colors look accurate. PERHAPS the YUJI is sliiiiightly more saturated but it's not much of a difference.

I will buy a bunch of IKEA lights instead of more of these.

compared.jpg
                      Last edited by MatsHelgesson; 01-04-2015, 06:17 AM. Reason: image

Comment

I wanted to buy these for my home since I currently use the CREE TrueWhite series (93 CRI), but the output of these is too low.

Comment

Try IKEA lights. Available up to 1000 lm.

Comment

Originally posted by MatsHelgesson View Post
                            Try IKEA lights. Available up to 1000 lm.
                            In terms of lumen output that would be about a 60 W tungsten equivalent.

A while ago, I wondered why my 'living room' seemed so dark, and my grandparents seemed to be so bright (a million years ago...). Then it occurred to me, they usually had a ceiling light on, and that ceiling light had 6 100W bulbs... Since for many rooms ceiling lights have gone out of style, and floor/desk lamps often only have one bulb... and often under 100W... it was clear to me why things seem so dark...

I believe Ikea sells a similar Ledere bulb in the US for 120V operation and similar lumen output. I may try a few for 'practicals'.

Comment

I'd really do some good tests on those bulbs for any real work. >87 CRI does not instil a lot of confidence based on past LED lights with similar ratings.

Comment

Working...
                              X