X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously ?

absolutely ridiculous comment from red-user

by Robert Ruffo New, he says

( In terms of image quality, BM cameras are a step backward in every way except that they're cheaper. The best BM camera delivers clearly inferior results to an MX Red One from 4 years ago. That's not innovation, it's just price cutting and standards lowering to get to a low price. Chinese knock-off manufacturers have been doing that for years, and no one calls what they do bleeding edge tech. )

That forum is becoming ridiculous by the day. My question is how long can they continue with that culture and survive as a company. oh and by the way, every page you read on reduser, has the word alexa somewhere. im serious, this is not a joke, there is at least one alexa word in every page at reduser. arri must be happy, reduser is promoting their camera. absolutely atrocious culture. very non professional. every time they talk about alexa, alexa, alexa this, alexa that.

Now they are saying red will bitch slap black magic and panasonic and sony with new cameras. mabe they should call their next camera bitchslap 8k sensor, comes with skull embossed logo.

Comment

So what? Look at the things you are saying about them. They are talking about a camera and you are talking about them personally.

So what if they talk about Alexa. Alexa is mentioned here too. As is Red.

Now imagine if you will that the BMC2.5k was a $4500 camera, the pocket was a $2200 and the BMC4K was a $6800? Would the cameras be as good to you? I'm sure many who have had issues with dead pixels and FPN wouldn't. You're reading into people that have 10's of 1000's of $'s invested in a camera. To them, the BMD is a toy. To Alexa users the BMD is a paper weight. Thats just how they think. Let them. Who cares?

Guess what? There are fanboys over there just as there are fanboys here.

Pick the camera you like and can afford and go with it and not worry about others.

Comment

A RED is useless in the hands of a beginner or someone with no skill.

A DSLR in the hands of a skilled cinematographer can produce great stuff.

Comment

http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/...amyang-part-1/

...just saying
          Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

You know, let them believe what they want. Maybe we miss out on higher frame rates, but for me, that's about it. Sure the 4K has it's own issues altogether, but the RED and ARRI cams have those as well. Every day I look at the footage of my BMCC is a day worth being born into this world full of hypocrites and sadists.

Comment

Opinions differ on that forum, much as they do on this.
              If you read some around on Reduser you'll find that many have picked up a BM camera as a B camera or just for separate uses, but the fanboys tends to be the loudest on any forum you go to.
              Haavard Helle

Comment

I find it surprising how many people underestimate BMD cameras. And I don't see many around. So many people still shooting on 7Ds etc And I get a lot filmmakers who seem really curious and impressed but somehow can't get 1K together to buy a pocket. People stick to what they know I guess. I'm still yet to see a BMD camera out in the wild at a music festival or similar.
                fluoro.com

Comment

I'll be taking my BMPCC to three music festivals in Germany this summer. Already looking forward to capturing some amazing footage
                  Vimeo profile
                  VFX Showreel
                  IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by Fluoro View Post
                    I find it surprising how many people underestimate BMD cameras. And I don't see many around. So many people still shooting on 7Ds etc And I get a lot filmmakers who seem really curious and impressed but somehow can't get 1K together to buy a pocket. People stick to what they know I guess. I'm still yet to see a BMD camera out in the wild at a music festival or similar.
                    Same here in the UK, have only seen one EF mount cam in the wild outside of my University, and I'm one of the two owner-operators I know with BMCCs. Much more common to see 5Ds or sometime C100s, especially here in London. No pockets to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by 4saken View Post
                      I'll be taking my BMPCC to three music festivals in Germany this summer. Already looking forward to capturing some amazing footage
                      Good on you.

Here's my favourite music festival video that I've come across:

fluoro.com

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        absolutely ridiculous comment from red-user

by Robert Ruffo New, he says

( In terms of image quality, BM cameras are a step backward in every way except that they're cheaper. The best BM camera delivers clearly inferior results to an MX Red One from 4 years ago. That's not innovation, it's just price cutting and standards lowering to get to a low price. Chinese knock-off manufacturers have been doing that for years, and no one calls what they do bleeding edge tech. )

That forum is becoming ridiculous by the day. My question is how long can they continue with that culture and survive as a company. oh and by the way, every page you read on reduser, has the word alexa somewhere. im serious, this is not a joke, there is at least one alexa word in every page at reduser. arri must be happy, reduser is promoting their camera. absolutely atrocious culture. very non professional. every time they talk about alexa, alexa, alexa this, alexa that.
                        Rob can be very blunt. I don't always agree with his opinions, but there are times that even in his bluntness he makes some valid points. But to categorize the whole forum as ridiculous is a bit extreme as there are some good people over there. I find posts by Phil Holland very thorough and full of useful information. Nick Morrison is passionate about lenses and has tons of info on the topic. David Mullen is a walking encyclopedia of cinematography knowledge. Mike Most and Michael Philips are post professionals that are able to bring their wealth of experience on the subject. There are many others as well.

Now, there is also a lot of "noise". Yes, there are fanboys on there, just like any other forum dedicated to a particular topic people are passionate about. But there are a lot of people on there who have balanced viewpoints as well. I would like to think I'm in that category. Just because I have a Red camera doesn't mean that's the only camera I use. I keep an open mind on all of this. Despite my frustrations with the Pocket, I'm still holding on to it and still using it while I wait to see what BMD does over the next few months.

I see crazy statements on Reduser, BMCuser, CML, and just about every other forum too. I see personal attacks on all of these forums. I've never been a fan of that type of thing. It's too easy to spout off on a forum when you don't have to face the person. When I organized the Reduser events at NAB for a few years, that was one of my main goals, to get people in a room face to face away from the comfort zone of a forum. I try to have a policy that I will not say anything online that I wouldn't say in person. So, getting back to Rob Ruffo, I believe he would probably say most of the stuff he posts to people in person as well. Again, he can have a blunt style which may or may not sit well with people, but at least you know where he stands on things. There's usually no lack of conviction there. :-)

Comment

Forum bashing doesn't really serve anyone...
                          www.bmcuser.com
                          A Landmine Media "User" Community
                          The online resource for the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera

Comment

I took my BMCC out for some random shooting on the south coast, whilst visiting family, and I bumped into another owner. It was surprising as it never happens (usually it's curious looks from people who have no idea). I like owning a camera, that has a specific characteristic, where the film world isn't saturated with it, like with Canon. He was a RED owner as well and sees the camera in the same way I do.

Comment

I have had my BMPC for exactly one week. I am completely blown away by what I'm seeing. During my long wait I thought many times about getting a 5DmkIII or a C100. I can not be more happy I waited! I don't really care about the opinions of my peers. I worry about my opinions and that of my clients.

Comment

Working...
                              X