Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarletuser Refugees

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any friends from Scarletuser made their way over here. After all, this camera is essentially the one we wanted Scarlet to be. Anyway, if you're here, please say 'hi'

Hey Ameer.

Comment

Hi

Comment

tooo funny

Comment

How did you all cope when you found out it was not gonna happen?

Asking just in case........you know.....
          Tom Majerski
          Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

http://www.TetraGrade.com
          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            I think ScarletUser is still open to read. There you can read about the numerous personal disasters.

Comment

hi

Comment

Haha, I guess we all steadily coped with the years of delay, price increases and false hopes...but the last announcement deflated any Scarlet dreams we had. Hopefully the BMC will fill that hole

Comment

Also, nice to see a fair few made it over . I think I've seen Tim (Hole) posting around as well

Comment

Yeah I'm here...I've come across a few peeps around this neck of the woods. I've still not usedba Scarlet for any shoots. There's more Epics hanging around than Scarlets at the moment.

BMC will suit my FX work just nicely, and for general shooting. How far I can take it will depend on tests but I do prefer the Scarlet form factor. The non-proprietary aspect of BMC is nice but I do wish thy had gone for a m4/3 or EF-M mount. We'll see how it all pans out.

Nice to see you all around.

Scarletuser flatlined today....end of an era...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

Asking just in case........you know.....
                      REDs transparent attitude was both a blessing and a curse but if you were there from the beginning you kind of understood what was going wrong whether it be the effects of companies going under, the psunami or in house hardware issues... It was a great ride and I enjoyed it. But it is only a camera, it never creatively slowed me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameer Azari View Post
                        Hey guys,

Just wondering if any friends from Scarletuser made their way over here. After all, this camera is essentially the one we wanted Scarlet to be. Anyway, if you're here, please say 'hi'
                        lulz
                        hi ameer
                        hi tim

for me the bmc spec is better than the scarlet spec both old scarlet and new.
                        J.Davis
                        jdMAX.com

Comment

No special interest for me to take their defence, but if they could be surely criticize for a couple things, they could equally be applauded for others. Like their innovation, dynamism, free software support and upgrade path. Sony and Canon has both the financial
                          ressources to follow but have they done it?

We all know the answer

Originally posted by Ameer Azari View Post
                          Haha, I guess we all steadily coped with the years of delay, price increases and false hopes...but the last announcement deflated any Scarlet dreams we had. Hopefully the BMC will fill that hole

Comment

I'm a recovering Scarleteer.

(David Rasberry)

Comment

Howdy, recovering Scarleteers!

+1 for me.

(Jason Murphy)

EDIT: While it sucks that the interchangeable 2/3 Scarlet didn't make it to market, the concept clearly paved the way for a number of other cameras, not least of which is the BMC. Also, RED clearly helped push for both better resolution and codecs, not to mention the ability to use any number of different lenses, which we're beginning to see the fruit of in other cameras. All bode well for a very exciting future as far as digital motion cameras go.
                              Last edited by Jason M.; 08-15-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X