• Show
Clear All

4 years wow , you guys are survivors.
    A warm Welcome from BMCuser.

Comment

Originally posted by JIKIJI View Post
      4 years wow , you guys are survivors.
      A warm Welcome from BMCuser.
      We made a lot of friends...and met some crazy virtual people along the way. It wasn't a waste of time. It was a ride.

The door is open for Granty to return

There is a lot of people that I do miss actually. Funny how subtle friendships can grow on an internet forum. Scarletuser was my first forum that I was an active participate in. I used REDUSER for business sake, asking questions etc...but Scarletuser had a certain comradeliness. But then we did get a fair bit of stick from other forums, and a reputation weirdly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hole View Post
        I removed Scarletuser from my shortcut bar, on my browser, and replaced it with BMCuser.

So it all starts again, although this time I hope the wait will not be the same. Its quite funny to see the same kinds of threads popping up, the same kind of conversational topics.
        Yeah, we must be gluttons for punishment or something.
        -Michael Beck

Comment

Originally posted by mbeck View Post
          Yeah, we must be gluttons for punishment or something.
          Put it this way it is 5am and I am typing on a camera forum for a camera that is yet to be released. This rings some bells. I should be sleeping ready for a day of writing before returning to my day job, which is back to being a projectionist full time so i can concentrate on my personal projects. Although I'm now called a Digital Operations Supervisor. Luckily the chain I work with understands the wisdom of paying to have trained professionals run their equipment. I think we are the only ones in the UK to do it now. Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by razz16mm View Post
            I'm a recovering Scarleteer.

(David Rasberry)
            What you doing with your nice collection of glass? Are you in the market for a BMC now or just hanging around to see what she looks like when she hits the market?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hole View Post
              What you doing with your nice collection of glass? Are you in the market for a BMC now or just hanging around to see what she looks like when she hits the market?
              Still sitting in the cabinet waiting for the right camera. I'm leaning more toward the Digital Bolex since it will take 16mm glass. Just hedging the bet I guess.
              Found this lovely fashion piece shot with the Ikonoskop DII and vintage glass inspiring. http://co-collections.com/ss12.php
              Same series Kodak sensor the DB is using.

Comment

'Sup...

Comment

Nice to see a lot of scarletusers made it over

Now...where's Granty?

Comment

Originally posted by Ameer Azari View Post
                    Nice to see a lot of scarletusers made it over

Now...where's Granty?
                    I don't think Granty would last long around here
                    -Michael Beck

Comment

Probably not. Though I did like him, when he wasn't being Ranty Scouse.

Comment

Went from DVXUser to ScarletUser then when Red sort of pulled out, over to RedUser, then back to DVXUser when Scarlet went beyond my reach, now BMCUser (But I do check in to DVXUser occasionally). No point in having anything more to do with Red unfortunately.

Guess I'm a Forum Whore

And yes I've recognised other refugees over the past few months

Same name on all "User" forums.

Comment

I made it over from SU! I'm glad there was a mention of this forum over there since I didnt know it existed!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergus View Post
                            I made it over from SU! I'm glad there was a mention of this forum over there since I didnt know it existed!
                            Welcome to the refugee camp.

Comment

sh*t ! razz16mm is david rasberry? I only just made the connection. wsup david
                              hi daveswan
                              J.Davis
                              jdMAX.com

Comment

Hi J Davies.
                                I'd worked out razz16mm was probably David Rasberry from some of the things he posted, but never had the balls to ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X