X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincent Laforet Introduces MoVI - Stabilizer System

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/...-blog-part-ii/

vincent laforet say I’m also very excited to help introduce a piece of camera equipment that I think clearly deserves being called a "game changer."

Comment

My first thought is how Much?
      My Second thought is how much to rig it all?
      and you know what they say...If you need to ask you can't afford it!

Comment

is interesting to know what blackmagic do this year? will be the new hyperdeck 4k raw to work with bmcc jeje i'm dreaming

Comment

Who knows, it may not even be a camera. It does say a piece of "camera equipment". Could be a camera, a recorder, who knows. Though he's a camera head...

Comment

vincent laforet say I feel the same way about the device that I shot with a few weeks ago

Comment

The rumor s that Canon is introducing another camera to fit in between the C300 and the C100, his schedule at the NAB mostly at the Canon and G-Tech booths, so maybe G-Tech is introducing a raw recorder to work with the new Canon camera, just maybe.

Comment

We should consider his post is a camera since he compares it to the the excitement of the 5dMKII, I do believe it is a camera from canon, but the "raw recorder" combined with a new camera between C100 or C300 is definitely a possibility, and will cost some Big Bucks $$ I'm sure, we shall see, One thing I like about Vincent is his opinion about cameras and gear, He is as Honest & Sincere as they come.

Comment

Here we go, let the hype machine begin.
                  If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

Comment

A Canon c200 would not make sense for this sort of hype. The c1/300 were underwhelming spec-wise, so why would a c200 be a big deal? Also Canon would not introduce a raw/better camera that is under their c500? Unless they simply open all their cameras to raw, but again would make the c500 null and void. Either Vincent is setting himself up for a egg in his face, or he is talking about something different, either camera from another company, or an accessory such as a revolutionary lens, recorder, follow focus, thingymagigger, etc.

Could be a rumored GH-X (don't let this be a source of a snow-ball effect of a rumor, I got it from eoshd), but Vincent doesn't really like smaller m4/3 sensors...

My completely uneducated guess... GoPro or some other company jumped into the game, or one of the big guys FINALLY got it.

Comment

Interesting. Although in all fairness, I might consider the BMCC to be a far bigger announcement than the Original 5D MKII. Since most people didn't discover its potential for film and video until later on down the road. When the BMCC was announced, children and adults alike crapped their pants.

It's hard to imagine, any announcement in the last / upcomming 5 years that could top the BMCC honestly. If Canon pulls out a C50 or some other C even for 3k or less I can't see how anyone is gonna be excited for that... a camera already MORE crippled than the C100? It's almost offensive to think about when you consider most of us are owners of a camera that produces a nicer image (imo) than any Canon EOS C camera.

I would love to see some other random company like BMD come out of left field with a game changer like the BMCC is becoming. Judging from the past... from the 5DII to the BMCC, an actual game changer needs to fit in the 3k or less price bracket. Anything more than that... and it won't become mass-adopted like either camera has been.
                      Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

To be fair this new device won’t be as affordable as the Canon 5D MKII was – but once you understand what it does, you’ll see it will pay for itself in days relative to what other things it replaces and how it can fundamentally change the way you shoot.
                        Maybe it magically makes you a better DP/Director/editor/screenwriter and makes all your home cat movies look like a Christopher Nolan movie.

Doesn't sound like its under $3k. But he does mention that the Epic would have made the list had it been in a lower price bracket.

In my opinion, I think that the 5d was a bigger game-changer than the BMCC. It set the tone for EVERY low end creative camera product out there. The BMCC is the largest leap in terms of evolution from the pack, but the 5d was the first fish to walk on land.

I'm definitely curious. Not sure what else could be done out there besides what we've been asking for... high quality/resolution/DR, raw (lossless compressed maybe) codecs, high frame-rates, cheap media, large sensors, etc.

EDIT: Could be a large sensor/resolution light-field camera. That would technically pay for itself if you were previously hiring focus pullers...
                        Last edited by RyGuy; 04-01-2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

confirmed new canon raw camera http://philipbloom.net/2013/04/01/canonraw/ 1DMarkIII-1-copy1.jpg Framerate.jpgLiveView.jpg

Comment

will be 5k camera

Comment

Originally posted by jho View Post
                              confirmed new canon raw camera http://philipbloom.net/2013/04/01/canonraw/ [ATTACH=CONFIG]2751[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2750[/ATTACH]
                              Fool me once...
                              Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Working...
                              X