VisionColor introduces Spektrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionColor introduces Spektrum

Just saw this on Instagram, I quite liked and used their previous products.

Imagine a color engine built entirely from measurements of real film. Where each control is chemistry. Where every pixel is shaped by light and crystals. Imagine better cinematic color.
    Coming soon to OS X & Windows. #VisionColorSpektrum #LUTStudio #BeyondEmulation #AEP #AndTheresSoMuchMore

https://www.instagram.com/visioncolor.official/

Looking forward.

Interesting...on their website: "We're working on something BIG" ...and on their instagram profile "our next release is monumental" I love these analog guys Its seems that they are not developing new -luts, but a platform with grain and more controls like filmconvert.

Release is scheduled for November.
    Last edited by alex.stefani; 09-21-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I'm not that enthusiastic about them. Many of their LUTs are very destructive on the footage.

Comment

Sounds interesting, I love their LUTs and use them a lot, really looking forward to it.
        Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

On their instagram they've described it as a standalone app, with color profiles based on their Impulz film stock LUTs, but with more control over customization of the look. You can then generate your own LUTs from the Spektrom app for use in the NLE of your choice.
          DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
          THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Directly from their instagram profile " Imagine a color engine built entirely from measurements of real film. Where each control is chemistry. Where every pixel is shaped by light and crystals. Imagine better cinematic color." Sounds interesting..

Comment

From instagram:

it's a standalone software that lets you export LUTs directly to Resolve and pretty much any other NLE.

ImpulZ film stocks are at the core of the processing engine of Spektrum but every aspect of each film stock is customizable. You can essentially create your own film stocks, save them as presets or export them to application-compatible 3DLUTs. And there's much more.

Spektrum comes with pre-calibrated color profiles for tons of cameras and camera settings for accurate device independent color processing. We'll continuously update the cameras.

Comment

This is getting better every day

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                    I'm not that enthusiastic about them. Many of their LUTs are very destructive on the footage.
                    Then you are probably not using them the right way. I've used their LUTs on many projects in the past and never had problems of them destroying footage.
                    Vimeo profile
                    VFX Showreel
                    IMDB

Comment

Originally posted by 4saken View Post
                      Then you are probably not using them the right way. I've used their LUTs on many projects in the past and never had problems of them destroying footage.
                      I agree, many people who complained about them on online forums that I could see are those who just didn't know how to use them. There's a thread on this very forum as well that had one person complain why their footage didn't look "right" after applying the Cineon AND FC combined, which is a big no-no and only causes blown out colors.

When used right, the results are spectacular and I'm excited for what they have in store for November. Also their clientele seems to grow in Hollywood as well used by colorists such as Dannah Collins (The Theory of Everything, X-Men: Days of Future Past) and Steven J. Scott (Gravity, Ant-Man, Captain America:Civil War) to name just a few.

It's an impressively powerful package that, imho, is the best on the market for luts packages.

Comment

I've been using some of these for some time as well. Created an awesome Mad Max look one time when I pushed one of their LUTs towards green.

Comment

Some of their LUTs introduced quite an amount of noise when directly compared to other LUTs or correcting and grading the footage yourself, but that's just my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                            Some of their LUTs introduced quite an amount of noise when directly compared to other LUTs or correcting and grading the footage yourself, but that's just my experience.
                            I like their luts but yes that definitely happens.
                            www.lightformfilm.com
                            https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

broken-f5-button-700x525.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X