• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.eoshd.com/2016/06/4k-raw-...nd-canon-c500/

$3k for 4k canon

Comment

Originally posted by JLdp View Post
      This actually $6k and you need an external recorder, dual stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarlacc View Post
        This actually $6k and you need an external recorder, dual stream.
        haha, i didnt even read the article just saw the headline earlier.
        still havent.

Comment

Originally posted by JLdp View Post
          haha, i didnt even read the article just saw the headline earlier.
          still havent.
          3000 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarlacc View Post
            3000 euros.
            Pounds actually. 3000 pounds. Then he mentions it's actually 3200 pounds. So that's about $4630. Then he mentioned that was a very lucky grab off eBay as usually they go much more than that. So, not sure you can find a used C500 at that price every single time. I remember there were a few RED One MX packs sold for $3k~$5k when the Raven was announced. People generalized about it like it's an actual option and there are a million RED's out there to choose from but you very hardly actually see those used RED's for such prices. So, I doubt there are a ton of C500s out there for that price as well :/
            Last edited by pidulgi; 06-09-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pidulgi View Post
              Pounds actually. 3000 pounds. Then he mentions it's actually 3200 pounds. So that's about $4630. Then he mentioned that was a very lucky grab off eBay as usually they go much more than that. So, not sure you can find a used C500 at that price every single time. I remember there were a few RED One MX packs sold for $3k~$5k when the Raven was announced. People generalized about it like it's an actual option and there are a million RED's out there to choose from but you very hardly actually see those used RED's for such prices. So, I doubt there are a ton of C500s out there for that price as well :/
              Used C500s are around for $5-7g

I know where a used Red One set up is selling for $5k right now. But imo...that is WAY too much for a Red One, which I think is virtually worthless at this point.

Comment

I think the FS7 and Ursa Mini 4.6K are entirely different cameras and neither will appropriately fill the role of the other. What do you plan on shooting? If a cinematic aesthetic is your priority I'd still take a magenta cornered Ursa Mini 4.6K over an FS7 (do the magenta corners only appear on some focal lengths at high apertures, F8?).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Pears View Post
                  I think the FS7 and Ursa Mini 4.6K are entirely different cameras and neither will appropriately fill the role of the other. What do you plan on shooting? If a cinematic aesthetic is your priority I'd still take a magenta cornered Ursa Mini 4.6K over an FS7 (do the magenta corners only appear on some focal lengths at high apertures, F8?).
                  +1, and fix it in post.

Comment

Maybe wait until the end of the year for the Craft Camera 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                      Maybe wait until the end of the year for the Craft Camera 4K.
                      Aren't we fairly sure the craft 4k is the same sensor as BM 4k as that is the only off the shelf sensor. If so why not just URSA Mini now.

Comment

how about a hunk of cheese...

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...oducing-CHEESE
                        "Senior Member"???... Really???...
                        Not to be taken seriously...by anyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                          Aren't we fairly sure the craft 4k is the same sensor as BM 4k as that is the only off the shelf sensor. If so why not just URSA Mini now.
                          Well if it is a reality and not just Cheese then I like that modular concept. It's sexy.

Comment

How about the JVC LS300? It seems like a great cam on paper. I just haven't seen anything filmic come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInternet View Post
                              How about the JVC LS300? It seems like a great cam on paper. I just haven't seen anything filmic come out of it.
                              It's an 8bit camera. Coming from the BMPCC I could never go back to 8bit...
                              Vimeo profile
                              VFX Showreel
                              IMDB

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but not new to this "What should my next camera purchase be" discussion. I am most likely going to purchase the Ursa Mini 4.6K more or less because it's hard to find something that can match it in that price range, but I have some good experience using the Sony FS7 and I can say with confidence that camera can produce some absolutely amazing images. I recently shot a music video with the Sony FS7 using only available natural light (no bounce/reflectors). I shot the entire video at 180fps in 1080p (with a few Phantom 3 drone shots). I've read a lot of people saying Sony's image is too video-ish and not cinematic. I am hoping this footage proves that wrong. I think the footage can be incredibly cinematic, it comes down on how you expose and post coloring. Here is the video https://vimeo.com/170180163

Hope this helps in some way.
                                IG @directedbymbryo
                                www.directedbyembryo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X