Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red user here.... others as well ?

Hi All,
    I pre ordered the BMCC . I have a Scarlet and want to see how things stack up.
    Any other Scarlet users here ?

Another Scarlet user here.

Comment

A Scarlet vs BMC comparison would be very interesting indeed (hint hint ).
      aka Trucci on DVXuser

Comment

Epic owner here.
        Stephen Mick
        Creative Director
        UPG Video
        www.upgvideo.com

Check out the DVXUser Facebook page atůhttps://www.facebook.com/dvxuser
        And the DVXUser Vimeo Channel atůhttps://vimeo.com/channels/558731

Comment

Scarlet #27 here.

Comment

Epic here

Comment

Im thinking about getting the BMCC while saving for the Epic

Comment

I waited years for the Scarlet then the price went up ... too much ...

Comment

Absolutely.
                  Same glass on both. Can't wait.
                  Originally posted by mintcheerios View Post
                  A Scarlet vs BMC comparison would be very interesting indeed (hint hint ).

Comment

Scarlet owner here too

Comment

Originally posted by adam777 View Post
                      I waited years for the Scarlet then the price went up ... too much ...
                      Same here!
                      -Michael Beck

Comment

Tell me, by any chance if BMC ends up surprising you guys and performing or out-performing the Scarlet with it's current sensor in terms of DR, what will this mean to any of you? Will you still upgrade to the Dragon sensor and use the BMC as a B cam? Obviously the Scarlet has a one up in many areas in terms of resolution, HDRx and other features etc.

But, if BMC were to provide you will a real raw solution giving you all the power you have with Scarlet at 2.5k, with cheaper accessories, smaller / lighter workflow... would any of you... *gasp*... switch over completely to BM?
                        Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Scarlet owner here.

As far as the Dragon upgrade - it's impossible to say without knowing both the features and price it would offer.
                          That said, the only thing I can think of right now that would get me to drop the Scarlet would be an Epic.

Comment

Yep, I waited years too for scarlet, joining Scarletuser back in '08, then seeing it move further and further beyond anything I could sanely afford.

Now BM have announced the camera scarlet should have been from the start, and I'm gearing up for when I can afford one, which will probably be the back end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
                              Tell me, by any chance if BMC ends up surprising you guys and performing or out-performing the Scarlet with it's current sensor in terms of DR, what will this mean to any of you? Will you still upgrade to the Dragon sensor and use the BMC as a B cam? Obviously the Scarlet has a one up in many areas in terms of resolution, HDRx and other features etc.

But, if BMC were to provide you will a real raw solution giving you all the power you have with Scarlet at 2.5k, with cheaper accessories, smaller / lighter workflow... would any of you... *gasp*... switch over completely to BM?
                              I should think frame rates, core camera functionality (the sensor size, form factor accessories etc), resolution and functions like HDRx will still be compelling for many.

jb

Comment

Working...
                              X