Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Pro LUT - Protune RAW WB to BMDfilm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    I really need to update my site with the finished build....

    I should also put together a demo reel to show what it can do - anyone want to volunteer some sample footage to be included? You will be credited of course.
    Tom Majerski
    Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

    http://www.TetraGrade.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

    Comment


    • #92
      Give me a couple of days, then I should be done with going through & grading the aerial stuff I shot in India.
      Vimeo profile
      VFX Showreel
      IMDB

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by 4saken View Post
        Give me a couple of days, then I should be done with going through & grading the aerial stuff I shot in India.

        Excellent thanks!

        No rush - my new home studio is being constructed at the moment anyway so I wont be able to work on it for a week or so anyway.
        Tom Majerski
        Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

        http://www.TetraGrade.com
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

        Comment


        • #94
          I'm done editing and grading my recent GoPro footage. Have a look here Tom:
          http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?13...-GoPro-aerials
          Vimeo profile
          VFX Showreel
          IMDB

          Comment


          • #95
            I would love to get a copy of this LUT please Tom! I don;t have any aerial footage I could grade with it yet though. From the looks of it you have created a fantastic LUT!

            Comment


            • #96
              IIRC the latest download is available on page 4.

              Comment


              • #97
                if you find the link for v20 then that is the most current one

                :-)
                Tom Majerski
                Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

                http://www.TetraGrade.com
                http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

                Comment


                • #98
                  I'm not sure if you're still looking for input on this, but would it be easier for you to get a more accurate color match if you had the GoPro footage in linear? You could also get an exact transfer function match to BMD Film with the included LUTs from Resolve. I can make a Protune to Linear LUT if you're interested.
                  Eddie Barton

                  My blog where I write about math stuff related to video: https://iaremrsir.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by iaremrsir View Post
                    I'm not sure if you're still looking for input on this, but would it be easier for you to get a more accurate color match if you had the GoPro footage in linear? You could also get an exact transfer function match to BMD Film with the included LUTs from Resolve. I can make a Protune to Linear LUT if you're interested.
                    I am not sure of the science as to whether it will be easier based on my process at the moment - but if you don't mind taking the time, I would love to try it!
                    Tom Majerski
                    Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

                    http://www.TetraGrade.com
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I am not sure of the science as to whether it will be easier based on my process at the moment - but if you don't mind taking the time, I would love to try it!
                      Here's a link to a 12b LUT. If you need higher precision, let me know.

                      https://db.tt/FBNXvbmq
                      Eddie Barton

                      My blog where I write about math stuff related to video: https://iaremrsir.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                      • Hello guys.

                        I'm really new to the grading thing. Currently I'm filming a lot with my drone and a gopro. The shots I'm grading with tom's lut and some different other BMC luts. My current workflow is to grade the shots in Davinci Resolve, then export the shots and put them into After Effects. There I remove the fishey effect and add some motion blur. After that I export it from AE and edit the whole thing in Final Cut. You see my workflow is very complicated and time-consuming. What is your workflow? How do you do it?

                        Thank you for helping me

                        Comment


                        • I do all my grading in Premiere CC. I can apply LUTs, remove fisheye, de-noise, add grain, stabilize and much more. Since I only shoot ProRes & mp4 from the GoPro there's really no need for me to go to Resolve or any other tool.
                          Vimeo profile
                          VFX Showreel
                          IMDB

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X